Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sim NOT WORKING - No Network. Issue since Aug2021, multiple existing posts with over 300 replies, and still no response!

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 03:29 PM)
ItalianBerlin
Apprentice
Options

Samsung mods, please reply to us. See this thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-no-network-conection-after-the-last-...

Over 190 comments, starting Aug 2021, still no appropriate reply. And there are other such post (for example: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-update-to-android-12-sim-continuously-rese... with 97 replies!!)

This is absolutely crazy, the phone cannot be used with two SIM cards. 
Mostly with Galaxy S21, but other models has shown the same issue.
We need answers. And if really is a Hardware issue like many are saying, it makes no sense to further use a Samsung smartphone. 

8 REPLIES 8
Rahul Saxena
First Poster
Options

This is the worst experience with Samsung... my phone just got updated and now dual sim is not working on my S21 FE which was such a costly phone... there is no resolution available on the website only problems identified by people, still no resolution by Samsung... what is the use of buying costly samsung phones, better to go for cheap China made phones still they perform better!!!!

OnTheVerge
Explorer
Options

Mine has not been working well since about August. Connection is very poor or non exisistant. Very appalling Samsung. Last Samsung product I buy unless this issue is rectified. 

0 Likes
Moxiedog
First Poster
Options

I purchased an S21 FE 5G in February, 2022 (Model SM-G990U1/DS) because I was told by Samsung this was a working, dual physical Sim phone.  It is NOT.  It is a single Sim phone with a dual Sim tray.  I have opened tickets, I have more than 30 customer support reference numbers.  Samsung has no idea IF, WHEN or HOW they will develop and/or release the SW that will unlock the dual Sim functionality of this phone.  BUYER BEWARE.  This is a SCAM.  This is FRAUD.  This phone is NOT a working dual Sim phone.

AndrewL
Options

@Moxiedog: I can confirm that the Galaxy S21 FE 5G is a genuine, dual SIM device. SIM1 can house a physical nano-SIM card, and SIM2 can house a second physical nano-SIM, or an eSIM. If you insert a second SIM card into the SIM tray, then head to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, is the SIM recognised here? If not, try tapping on SIM 2, and toggle it on if applicable. For details on how to correctly insert the second SIM, please refer to pages 18-19 of the user manual via the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202201/20220105105730758/SM-G990_UM_EU_SS_Eng_Rev.1.0_...

0 Likes
emaz
First Poster
Options

Well... if by "working" you mean it can work, you're right. Mine was working until the last month. I fear a android update messed up everything

GZ3
Student
Options
I have been having issues with samsung dual sim cards for years. The second sim loses connection and shows "emergency calls". Connection comes and goes eratically. I havw highligbted this to samsung and i do believe its a hardware issue that is not being addressed as o had the same issue with the previous model. I changed sims but get exactly the same.
sky8
Student
Options

I also have two S21 FE and they do not work with dual sim, I would like to know when this is going to be resolved. failing that, Samsung should replace the devices or refund 😡

0 Likes
sky8
Student
Options

Same with ours however Samsung does not give a ***** 

0 Likes