Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-SIM not ringing

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 09:19 PM)
S21-User
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Since the June update, my dual SIM setup is no longer working correctly. I have been using a German Vodafone and a US T-mobile SIM together for two years and both worked fine. Since a couple of weeks, the phone no longer rings when both SIMs are enabled. I can still make calls without problems and when I use the SIM individually,  they also work.

Neither VF nor Samsung support had any ideas how to fix this problem. I tried a factory reset with no change. When I put the SIMs into my old S10, they work normally. That phone is still on the May SW update.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions. Is there a way to uninstall the last update?

Thanks!

Steve

23 REPLIES 23
S21-User
Explorer
Options

I couldn't fully test it yet as I'm traveling in Switzerland, but it does seem to work. Thanks for sharing!-

0 Likes
S21-Jeff
First Poster
Options

That only worked for the first call after a reset. Not a workaround after all

0 Likes
S21-User
Explorer
Options

Seems to do the trick for me. I'm on an eSIM/SIM combo now. Samsung support finally responded but couldn't reproduce the issue. Go figure.

0 Likes
S21-User
Explorer
Options

Done some more testing now back at home. If I turn on Wifi calling it stops working on each SIM, but if I keep that off, both are receiving calls with VoLTE disabled.

0 Likes
S21-Jeff
First Poster
Options

Ah. I had wifi calling on. Thanks!

0 Likes
S21-Jeff
First Poster
Options

Now to remember to turn back on Wifi calling with I call the US :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
S21-User
Explorer
Options

Right, same here. Definitely only a workaround until Samsung fixes this bug!

0 Likes
S21-Jeff
First Poster
Options

August update is out. my wife is installing it now... It still hasn't showed up for my phone. Maybe it's better, but I'm skeptical since Sammy claims there's not an issue they can reproduce

0 Likes
EternalRewardsJesus
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy A53 I bought in June from Ebay (unlocked international phone). Phone stopped ringing a couple of weeks ago? (not sure exactly when). Seems around time of Samsung update I guess. Anyway I tried many various suggestions and nothing worked that good. Even went to Metro PCS and they put a new SIM card in that made it ring only sometimes from cell phones in my contacts, but not always. But I just tried changing the Network settings to use 3G/2G and it is taking all calls now ringing, even from landline calls from my computer.

I tried setting it to 4g/3g/2g but no ringing on the 4G one.   3g/2g seems to make all ring.   (Go Settings / Connections / Mobile Networks / Network Mode / Click the 3G/2G network.  )

Perhaps not good solution for everyone but it worked for me here in the USA in Florida.

S21-User
Explorer
Options

I received the August update a couple of days ago and the bug appears to be fixed. Calls cone through on both SIMs with or without WiFi and/or VoLTE on and off. Hopefully it stays this way!

0 Likes