Did you mean: 

dual sim model or not

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 01:23 PM)
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
Ordered on launch SM-G998BZNDEUA
Cannot find any information on this sku 
will it have a dual sim tray or if its 1 nano and 1 e-sim?
Really need a second sim and e-sims aren't widely supported.
Any insight appreciated.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
I'm pretty sure there isn't a dual sim model... I don't really see any use for dual sums other than business. But the sim reader is double sided so it might be possible to reflash the software and get a new sim inserter thingy to read two sims
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
yeah I use it for a business line, might need to send it back if thats the case 🙃
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @scotjock81 ,

you can stay connected to everything in your life by making use of 2 SIM cards in the S21 range with the Hybrid SIM slot.

0 Likes
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
the hybrid part is confusing as it used to be able to be used for a sim or a sd card... so what's hybrid about it now if its dual sim then call it that, I am worried the hybrid means single physical +e-sim
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@scotjock81 , All the S21 range will take either two nano-SIMs; or  one nano-SIM and one eSIM.

DylGMD was fairly close about the physical SIM setup being double-sided, but you shouldn't need another SIM tray or to reflash etc. I pulled this from an S21 series User Manual:

Screenshot 2021-01-27 155249.jpg

Hope that helps! 🙂

0 Likes
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
thanks for confirming, phone arrived today and was able to swap both sims into it, happy I don't need to send it back
AntS
Options
0 Likes