Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim cards set up

(Topic created on: 30-10-2022 03:12 PM)
WelshKingJohn
Apprentice
Options

Hi, well i new these phones could use dual sim cards but never set them up. Whats worse sim 2 is a pay as you go, and sim 1 has a contract with everything included.

So what i would like to do is use sim1 for making calls, using data and internet, data is very high so ill never need to worry. Is a comtract on sim1

However sim 2 is pay as you go, so i dont want it to cost me anything, data costs a lot but internet is free.

So is there a way to use sim1 just like its the only sim in the phone, but use sim 2 for wifi calling, which is also free.

Recap, sim 1 mostly does everything, free data, free internet, free text messages, all for a fixed monthly price but sim 2, costs a lot for data, also costs a lot to make phone calls or send text, so i would like sim 2 to use wifi calling, for phone calls or text messages, just incase i make a mistake ..

Sim 1 works like a regular single phone sim with unlimited calls, text, data 

But sim 2, must not use data, must not make phone calls, must not send text, but can use internet free 

Its a samsung galaxy s21 ultra, with 2 sim cards fitted now.

Im typing on the galaxy s21 +

Which was a pay as you go, but right now no sim cards and using the internet for free.

Complicated i know, i first need to set up the phone to use 2 sim cards i put in, phone numbers ending 01 sim 1 ending 02 sim 2

Anybody give any information about any of the subject it would be great.

Ive registerd both phones with samsung, stopped using one when i got a new s21 ultra, as wife had s21 plus 

Thanks, if a moderator could check my account here to see if its using xxxxx@gmail.com if it is, can you delete the email, sorry i should have checkedi

i just checked accounts in phones and they both have same outlook address so should get a reply ok

Thanks, 7am, i need rest, oh clock gone back, its 5.56am 

Sorry any typos

John, Coventry Uk, not london as my vpn says ,(-

6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Goto sim manager and select what sim you would like to do what

Ie sim 1 does everything, sim 2 nothing
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

In addition to what @-Robot-  suggested, Phone app > Settings > Wi-Fi calling > SIM 2 > Calling preference > WiFi preferred 

Screenshot_20221030_104607_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

0 Likes
WelshKingJohn
Apprentice
Options
  • Thanks both, there are a few discrepancies, which is probably the phone model, so ill type what i did following your instructions.

Phone settings > sim card manager

Sim 1 is listed as being used for calls, messages, mobile data off.

Now before when we didnt have much data, we would switch mobile data off, and done that for years, these days i press and hold middle button and tell Google home "Data off"

Thesdays we have 20gb of data and i have 19.39gb left, it resets on 20th of month, so i guess i could leave that on thesedays.

Next 

Phone app> settings (call settings) > WiFi calling 

Two settings, on or off 

Mobile network preferred "on"

Or 

Make and receive calls over a wifi connection when ever possable (off)

Sorry about this, never used two sim cards in my life, and while i was testing, i sent a message from the default sim 1 phone number ending 01

To the phone number ending 02

Got it ok, but when i replied the charge popup popped up, ha ha later i found out it remains the same balance, but i thought i was charged,but no way of knowing the balance before i did test.

Sim1, contract, all free, 20gb data (virgin 02 upgrade)

Sim 2, pay as you go, top up with £10 and it lasts forever, this is a very old classic tarriff, you cant get anymore

So how am i doing? If it makes a call on sim2 balance goes down, until my £10 has been used up 

About every 90 days i need to make a call to stop sim time out, and losing it.

Thanks so much, you would not believe i have a house full of smart devices, including google nests, Alexa screens of all sizes, ZigBee sockets, and wifi led strips everywhere. But it would be great if i could learn this and put it to good use.

Cheers 

John 

P.s edited, because need to put a space after each word in this script, and i have big fingers so hit wring letter, takes forever to find a > 

Cheers

0 Likes
WelshKingJohn
Apprentice
Options

Dont have that in this phone, has other

0 Likes
WelshKingJohn
Apprentice
Options

The photo with sim 1 and sim 2, so you can change each one different 

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Yes, correct and you will find these options in the Phone app > Settings and not in your phone settings.

Screenshot_20221030_104746_Phone.jpg

0 Likes