Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 10:41 AM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
Go to solution
72 REPLIES 72
Gippal
Journeyman
Options

There is one solution to save history and havw second whatsapp account on phone - is install whatsapp for business and manually copy whatsapp folders from dualapp folder to the new whatsapp.4b folder. 

Work for me, I lost my chats in the last two days, but now everything works.

Hrukmana
First Poster
Options

Me too. Samsung, ease fix the issue soon..

Members_k3UcDvD
Student
Options

Me too I can not receive media in WhatsApp dual, and can't back up.

Can you please tell me how to move files to WhatsApp business?

Members_k3UcDvD
Student
Options

I also have a Samsung s21 ultra and can't share media over  WhatsApp dual and can't back up.

Can you please tell me how to move files to WhatsApp business?

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_k3UcDvD Hello, the procedure is explained above.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Namejs
Voyager
Options

Create manual backup with restore folder permissions: Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".  Copy folder "/Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp_bac/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

Good luck!

0 Likes
FG314
First Poster
Options

Same here, moving from S10e to S21. Was hoping for a Dual to Dual transfer, and the Dual version for SIM2 is completely stuck on the 'restoring message' stage. After 10+ emails with WhatsApp support, they are not helpful, other than letting me know there's a longer and longer timeout between getting OTP verification SMS, until I'm fully locked out.. In conclusion, don't try to uninstall and reinstall Dual copy and re-verify multiple times.

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options

That didn't work for me, as all it was doing was ultimately putting the same WhatsApp folder into the new com.whatsapp folder.

What did work for me was....

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp". Copy folder "/Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

Media can now be viewed, camera works in WhatsApp and backups now work.

S21 Ultra 512Gb

yhbrooklyn
Apprentice
Options

What does "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger)" mean? 

You have an entirely new Internal Storage with parenthesis on it? Sorry to be dense...I'm just not understanding how this naming works. 

LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
It seems to have appeared with the new update - basically like a new partition almost. I was using WhatsApp in Dual Messenger mode prior to the update. If you weren't then maybe it's not there by default until you activate Dual Messenger mode.
Here's a screenshot from My Files app showing my storage structure.Screenshot_20211207-074035_My Files.jpg
0 Likes