Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 10:41 AM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
Go to solution
72 REPLIES 72
Norbiq78
Journeyman
Options

After update to UI 4.0 in my Galaxy S21 Ultra I have exactly the same problem with dual WhatsApp - cannot send nor receive voice messages, nor photos. For the moment I went to WhatsApp Business. What a *****! 

vinniesel
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue on my 21 Ultra with UI 4.0. Decided to install WA Business and deactivate Dual Messenger for the time being. Disappointed.

Rohit Mansukhani
Apprentice
Options

I am facing the identical issues with the dual wats app post updating the software to One UI4 on my Samsung S21+  on 29.11.2021. The 01.12.2021 update too of no use. Unable to download files or send files on the dual app. Even on the facebook app the links are not opening and upon clicking the link the app crashes.  

I dont know how many other issues will be faced in future which I have not yet identified.

JPH87
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same Situation. Everything was working fine before the Update to Android 12 / One UI 4.0. Now the second instance of  whatsapp is receiving media but not able to download it.  

Rohit Mansukhani
Apprentice
Options

Also check the facebook app; now the links of webpages and other app say amazon are either not opening or after opening the app crashes and closes down on it own. This is what is happening in my case along with the wats app issue 

Johannesburg
Student
Options

I don't think you can then revert back to normal WhatsApp, your details in WhatsApp Business account will be wiped off..

Will wait for Samsung to update in another 2 weeks, otherwise may consider trade in s21 Ultra for iPhone 13 Pro.. sad that Samsung put me down on this.. I'm missing out a lot of personal messages from family and close friends 

Galaxy s21
First Poster
Options

Uninstaller the dual app and enable again from settings this will solve the issue. But the chats may be lost. This is because Samsung has changed the location on storage for dual messenger apps.

0 Likes
Gippal
Journeyman
Options

What a shame! New dual app folder on new Dual app partition os locked for write! I cant do back up too!!!!!

Namejs
Voyager
Options

Hi!

Reinstall Samsung dual app, grant all permissions for this app - this will solve the issue.

P.S. Make chat history backup if necessary.

0 Likes
Gippal
Journeyman
Options

" I cant do back up too!!!!!"

This is my first and last samsung smartphone. I don't even want to talk about lags in the interface.

0 Likes