Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 07:53 PM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
72 REPLIES 72
Kurosawa
Student
Options

I found a simple and straightforward solution to this problem. I diasabled the second instance of the WhatsApp from the dual messanger feature and restarted the phone (S21). After restarting the phone re-enabled WhatsApp dual messanger and added my phone details. Restored the WhatsApp from backup and this fixed the issue.

AdittyAL
Student
Options

Thank you a tonne, Kurosawa! It did work. All my local backup and media folders have been deleted due to the OS update, but my Drive backup was 2 weeks old, and I have successfully retrieved data till then and I am now able to send and receive files.

Options

I have the same issue and not only that. I even cannot backup the curent data, it won't allow. Looks like I have to kiss good bye all my stuff from second account. 

0 Likes
Members_a08SAU4
First Poster
Options

Hi. Try this, it has worked to me. 

https://youtu.be/bcHi3FXZIPM 

The problem with WhatsApp Business was that I am not able even to make a back up of my conversations and multimedia content on my Dual WhatsApp account. The archive com.whatsapp cannot be deleted but it can be renamed. Finally I can use my business whatsapp account! 

0 Likes
Mantiz
First Poster
Options

The dual messenger function from Samsung is just not working (anymore) - just don't use it! As your second WhatsApp number is most likely a business one, just omit troubles and use WhatsApp Business as a second installed WhatsApp instead - restoring a Backup from a normal WhatsApp worked absolutely fine for me.

General comment: the issue is too bad; this app twin / dual messenger mode worked fine for years before on other (non-samsung) devices and on this new one with a just updated OS it's not possible to get this to work..? Wouldn't judge, but it's a bit of a shame... And I hope this relatively small feature will be fixed to work smooth here as well in the near future. Definitely a top-ranked feature to have from my side.

0 Likes
Awais arif
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone there with the samsung dual whatsapp problem , i guess the problem has been solved with the latest software update can anyone confirm please ?

0 Likes
M31sGpk
First Poster
Options

I'm currently using a M31s model, the problem is partially fixed, as of today, the Images received on my dual whatsapp are showing in my file manager, but the documents(PDFs) aren't

0 Likes
Majid Shubbar
Student
Options

Fix Samsung WhatsApp dual messenger problem

When you brows your Samsung Android phone with the Samsung File Explorer you will see two Internal Storages:

First one name is: Internal Storage
Second one name is: Internal Storage (Dual Messenger)

Same thing can be seen and done by Windows Explorer and connecting the phone to the PC

1. - Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".

2. Now if the phone is new or just initialized it you might go to “Internal Storage (Dual Messenger)
“ and not see the folder “DualApp” in the root of the “Internal Storage (Dual Messenger), in that case
just go to:

"Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" and create a new folder name “WhatsApp”

That’s it dual messenger will work

Or if you can see the folder “DualApp” in the root of the “Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) then just

- Copy folder "/Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp_bac/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

That’s it dual messenger will work

selfcontrol7
Student
Options

Great Answer!!

0 Likes
Kdk26
Student
Options

I solved this issue temporary by force stopping the duel messenger WhatsApp app. You can force stop it by going to settings > apps> WhatsApp (duel one with the orange colour dot) > force stop 

After doing this I simply opened the duel messenger WhatsApp app and it works all fine 

0 Likes