Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 09:37 AM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
72 REPLIES 72
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JamesDavidG ,

Hi, it is a known issue since versionONE UI 3.1 and so far it has not been fixed that I know of.
Therefore, while the expected solution arrives / if in the end it arrives? / We can solve the problem -migrating.

1. Make backup of cloned whatsapp.
Backup all your messages, photos, videos, documents on your device
and your Google drive.
Make sure you remember the credentials of your google account that you are using as a copy of
security.

2. Then open Play Store and download whatsappbusiness. Install, add your number
WhatsApp Dual phone number. You will receive a message asking if you want to restore your
content from a backup.
Select the directory where your backup is saved and all its content is
will restore to your account after some time depending on the size of the copy of
security taken.

3. Finally, go to settings and disable the messaging option
dual. Also, to view images, videos, etc. In the MyFiles app, go to
My files-> Internal memory-> Android-> media-> com.whatsapp

And for the WhatsApp business, the file is com.whatsapp.w4b.

All the best!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

StanT
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same issue with my S21. My previous S10 model was working fine with both whatts app functions. Very poor service from Samsung, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them and they kept telling me it's not their issue and to contact Whatts app. Very annoyed customer
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, this is a great solution until they fix the issue.
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
It is very annoying agreed! The solution above using WhatsApp Business works well for the time being.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JamesDavidG I'm glad this works for you, regards.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Ozair
First Poster
Options

The aforementioned solution is definitely a win, but still if you do not want to use WhatsApp business, there's another way around.  There are many applications on Google Play Store which serve the same purpose i.e. Duplicating any application. One such application is "Parallel Space", I myself have been using it to use multiple accounts. 

Following is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.parallel.space.lite

Bittu
Journeyman
Options

They still did not fix this. What a ****. Submitted as an issue and they said that it's the issue from the whatsapp but no samsung. How come one whatsapp works fine but not the dual one. Shame on samsung.

TimRoot
First Poster
Options

After update OneUI 4.0 the second instance of  Whats App can't load and send photo and video. Before this update everything work perfectly, but after - sending and receiving doesn't work.

Johannesburg
Student
Options

Agree, having this issue and still looking for a way to resolve this. Wouldn't want to uninstall the Dual App