Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Driving Mode / Do Not Disturb....

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 05:07 PM)
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey , thanks for reading on.
My S21 Ultra 5G is putting itself into Driving Mode and Do Not Disturb Mode randomly.... 
I have deleted any and all schedules ( I have not installed any ) and turned off the Driving Mode through the Do Not Disturb toggle- details and in Google Maps. I've even deleted the Walk Mode app from my device but this still continues . This also stops me listening through my Galaxy Buds Pro until I have to turn off the Do Not Disturb Mode. ... any suggestions would be great, thanks all
Best wishes as always 

43 REPLIES 43
duke_steelwolf
Apprentice
Options
I found this because I'm going mad trying to figure out why my s20 is doing the exact same! I'm on call 24/7 for work so this is making me really anxious!
My Bluetooth is off unless I'm using it, no bixby routines up to date etc. Happened for the first time this week and happens several times per day.
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@duke_steelwolf
Hi welcome. Thanks for your valued response. Up to now we've not found a solution. I am onto tech support @ Samsung and as a soon as I get anywhere I'll update all of us.... there are a few fixes I'm trying and if they work I'll post as soon as.
duke_steelwolf
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Likewise, keep trying things I find online but until it happens again, like it just did, I don't know how effective it is. I'm sure this is an android or some Google service bug (Maps or assistant maybe?)...I'm going to give it a few weeks and I'll just have to try iPhone if it's not resolved because I can't handle the anxiety of having to check my phone constantly
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Okay so here goes. After getting a really s##t reply from Samsung Tech report and a promises call back that never arrived. I decided and actually took my handset ( s21 ultra 5g ) my Samsung buds pro into a Samsung Service Centre in Manchester ( UK ) and the staff were brilliant ....
They offered me a " hard reset " of both handset and buds at first but an engineer over heard me saying " no way "etc etc ....
He then took aside sat me down at a desk and offered these solutions...
I'll get to the point 👉....
1 . In Maps ensure Driving Mode is switched off and if you " walk / take public transport and use Google Maps for Navigation ensure Driving Mode as default is turned off
and or any associated Driving Mode Googje Assistance settings are switched off in both Google Maps and your Google app settings.
2. Switch off any Driving Mode settings in any " permissions " in your handsets Google Play Services settings. ( if you don't know where these are ask me and I'll post screen shots/ instructions)....
3. If you have any other " Navigation apps " on your device ensure Driving Mode is unchecked/ not set as Default..
4. In Walk Mode make sure any and or associated routines / settings for Driving Mode are switched off .... I know that one pickled my head aswell.
5. In your Galaxy Wearable app ensure any Bixby routines / Driving Mode settings are removed....
6. Make sure , if your using it , Andriod Auto is not set to Automatically connect to a " car "
And finally thanks to @AndrewL go to settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines and delete any in there.....
I am yet to try all the solutions because I left the Samsung Service Centre my Buds died and I'm yet to try them all out.
If any of these options work please click the three dots next to this post and click solution worked... I think and let us all know as well....
People are posting rude/ carcastic/ unacceptable posts on here. My message to you is if you have nothing good to offer then please don't waist that precious time of your life posting rubbish on here and jog on. Just be nice. Manners are free and we are here to help and support each other.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Thank you for sharing this, @Arabianstar. Keep us posted on your progress, and let us know if any/all of the steps above resolve the issue for you. 

0 Likes
duke_steelwolf
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Arabianstar.
I can't myself find and driving modes, I've checked so many app preferences and I've searched for it too. If anyone can tell me where to go I'd really appreciate it...I woke up this morning to DND having turned on, if I'd been called out for work last night I'd have slept straight through it...because some app is controlling my phone. I'm finding this incredibly frustrating, I might have to find a like you did I guess
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@ Duke_steelwolf ....
What do you need help with ? Do want to know where, in the One Ui settings , you need to navigate to check on these settings ? Let me know and I'll help as much as I can....
0 Likes
btr2
Student
Options

Same problem here. I do remember a setting when I set the phone up for first use. I'm sure it asked me if I wanted to turn on DND for driving mode. I said, yes, as I just wanted to start using the phone. Lesson learnt.

It may be that you turned it on at this point, and now none of us can remove it.

It happens every time I get in my car. It then doesn't turn itself off when I leave the car, so is totally useless. But I do have the car connected via BlueTooth, so this is consistent with your reports of other BlueTooth devices triggering it. 

Mahesh17
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211005-212533_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211005-212540_Google Play services.jpg

 click on personnel safety

Screenshot_20211005-212611_Google Play services.jpg

Solution
Mahesh17
Apprentice
Options

Answer is in Google settings