Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful 108mbs

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 11:55 AM)
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
First and best pic taken 3.4 and without 108mbs. Scene optimiser.  2nd awful quality is 108mbs.

Without 108mbs

With 108mbs
3 REPLIES 3
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, i believe you may be facing the same issue as me. After the April update my main sensor is producing blurry images even with 108MP. Had to hard reset the phone, had to send it for repair but came back after a week saying no hardware issues to be repaired. I am eagerly waiting for the May update. Hopefull it will fix this issue.
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Me too. 108 sucks at the moment
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Hi, I wanted to advise you to use the 12mpx mode always. In photography there is a point where past a certain amount of mpx adding more will not improve the quality of the picture if not worsen it in some cases.

For many companies producing even full frames the sweet spot is 12mpx which is quite the standard. I have never been a fan of the high mpx count being pushed by the chinese first and samsung then to make up marketing numbers which even if I hate it are what drives the sales of a smartphone.

At 108mpx you will have weaker processing, less light per pixel and also you will not get 9 times the detail since the image is compressed and there is a geometric rule in sensor semiconductor according to which if you increase the mpx amount on a given area you need to exponentially improve the quality at the semiconductor level to get a linear gain in detail.

I hope samsung engineer will be free to do a good sensor with less than 108mpx if the marketing team allows them too, unfortunately from the rumours about an internal quarrel it looks like that the management supports the marketing team who wants a 200mpx sensor on the next s device whereas the engineers wanted to get back to a more conservative and better lesser amount of pixels... let's hope for the best for the next galaxy S!

Archer