Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draining battery

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 05:57 AM)
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
So this could be a random question, last update has caused my s21 ultra battery to drain fast. I haven't put any new apps on phone and always turn phone off at night to charge, I know the phone is a year old and these things happen in time but not after a days use. I used to have a full battery 🔋 for days now I'm luck if it lasts 10 hours. Just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue.
5 REPLIES 5
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
I'm having a similar issue on my Note20 Ultra. I've experienced this on many of my previous Samsung phones too, so I've christened it "Samsung Syndrome".

How to fix it? Not really sure to be honest. Maybe check your device care settings and see if there's anything that seems to be draining the battery. But that's all I can really suggest!
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could do a wipe cache and see if it helps.
There is also a repair apps in the same menu.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Barford1011 It is actually advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates.  Members should perform the following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

The Repair apps option mentioned by @GoanGeek is in the same recovery Menu. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lenacheney
First Poster
Options

Yup went from good battery life 7-9  hours sot down to 2.5 sot with 28% left. I'm so mad

0 Likes
Lenacheney
First Poster
Options

Not being rude but it has nothing to do with settings it's because of an update. 

0 Likes