Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to Android 11 from 12

(Topic created on: 21-11-2021 04:57 PM)
Will Bentley
Apprentice
Options

Upgraded to Android 12 and phone won't connect to my medical device any longer. 

Galaxy S21 5G SM-G991U Verizon

How can revert back to Android 11? 

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Will Bentley: Following an update, it unfortunately isn't possible to revert back to previous Android version. Which medical device are you referring to, and did it have a companion application? If it did, head to the Google Play Store to check for any available updates, as it may need to be optimised for use with Android 12. 

0 Likes
Will Bentley
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for quick reply!!! Using Medtronic Guardian Connect CGM Continuous Glucose Monitor

No update yet on Play Store. These apps require FDA approval I'm told by Medtronic the update could take weeks.

ANY options you can share would be appreciated. With holidays approaching, not having my CGM will be terrible.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It may be best contacting the app developer regarding this, @Will Bentley. I've no doubt they will have been aware of the Android 12 update and working on an update for the app long before the initial release. 

Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Not the solution your looking for, but if affordable you could try getting another phone on the bay that hasent been up dated from 11 to 12 and use that for now until the APP is sorted, then put the phone back on the bay to get your money back.
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
Anneska
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem. There must be a lot of us. This is actualy not good at all for Metronic not to have the update ready!

0 Likes
Li78
Apprentice
Options

i cant accept those comment ask to contact app developer to fix.

Now not only 1 or 2 facing problem....PLS WAKE UP SAMSUNG TEAMs !!!! OUTSIDE HAVE A LOT VOICE OUT.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Li78

Samsung cannot be held responsible for 3rd party apps that have not been updated for Android 12. The developers of these apps have had 8 months notice in which to do this. Lots of apps on the Play Store are still not Android 12 compliant. This is not Samsung's fault.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Li78
Apprentice
Options

@ironass.

OK i will help annus , we should stop blame samsung.  wahahaa

0 Likes
Dmurphy
First Poster
Options

Samsung needs to allow a downgrade path then. I can't opposite a business that relies on drones because the apps i use don't work with the new update which was forced on me. I did not have an option to deny the update after a couple days of postponing