Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

#DoWhatYouCant Use Dual Camera Mode In later Galaxy Models #SamsungWontLetUs

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 10:00 AM)
nucleare
Explorer
Options

Fellow Galaxy S21 Owners of the free world, I come from the no longer publicly linked Galaxy S8 Forums with cohorts from the Galaxy S9 Forums!

nucleare_0-1613031808946.png

In honor of Samsung's new campaign #DoWhatYouCant, which empowers people to overcome their barriers, I would like to take a moment to look back on the valiant efforts of a small group of individuals who apparently are considered a minority in the vast number of Samsung customers who once had and continue to have an admiration and longing utility for a camera function taken from us once upon a time, last seen on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ running nothing later than Android 8.0 Oreo, we are referring to what was known as Dual Camera mode. Every so often, I still get  emails of a newcomer to the S9 Forums who swing by, and pays homage to our efforts with a kudos. Sharing their love for such function.

It is a sign, that there are still more of us out there...

So we will continue to hope for what we can't have, and the #DoWhatYouCant campaign reminds us to continue asking Samsung to re-release the Dual Camera Mode or make public the API for this once native camera app extension. We are still here, our voices may be few but our desires still burn  strong, and we are fighting to overcome the barriers that Samsung themselves have put up for us

They Tell us to #DoWhatYouCant When for us it just means #DoWhatSamsungWontLetUs so what then, @Anonymous User is this campaign really teaching us?!

Today  we are 116 strong in our petition to Samsung respectfully asking to return a much loved but under utilized and under-appreciated by the masses, our dear Dual Camera Mode. From generations of users as early as Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5 to the few who have unwillingly or willingly upgraded to join the ranks of this new subForum for the Galaxy S21 Series but may still remember this feature. Join our efforts and help us, #DoWhatWeCant and #DoWhatYouCant

Hear us Samsunggggggggggg!!!!!!

-Galaxy S8+ Android Oreo User

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Isn't that what directors view is but a more advanced version?
nucleare
Explorer
Options

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG  I HAD NO IDEA! I've been holding onto my Galaxy S8+ with Oreo to preserve this function as they took it out at the release of Pie and Galaxy S9 and up. WOW OMG, I'm Watching a YouTube video covering all the various options DIrector's View has and yes it's exactly it but more advanced just like you said, thank you @Risky24 I gotta tell everyone !

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Hey no problem! Glad I could be of some help.