Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Dooms)day 1

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 06:33 PM)
TemsikTiger
Explorer
Options

I got my new S21 G5 (NOT plus or ultra, NOT FE) today. 

Quickstart flyer does not say how to turn it on. i cant turn it on. i wanted to download the manual. therefore i have to register. i registered. IMEI is required. My IMEI (as on the two stickers outide) is rejected as "wrong IMEI". i coudnt find any support except for a stupid chat bot. So Samsung relies on "the community" instead of providing service. 

Who wants to help me as an unpaid Samsung service employee ?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
Push and hold the power button. Third one down.
AshP_
Options

@TemsikTiger The user manual for your new phone can be viewed here.

If you need further support with your phone, the Social Media Team would be more than happy to assist. You can reach them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from 9am to 9pm every day.

TemsikTiger
Explorer
Options

of course i tried "side key" (acc to the manual that i now have)  holding it down - no success: Not down yet... maybe power is too low .... i try to charge it wireless... because i have no USB-C female charger, that would fit to the cable that is contained: EDIT: wireless seems not to work even though it is an original Samsung wireless charger. Ordered charger from internet now - will arrive tomorrow. Maybe phone is simply dead.  

thanks for the link to the manual - i wasnt able to access it before

i am not on any social media like Twitter, Facebook etc. sorry. If this is required for buying a Samsung phone ("BE on social media, otherwise you get NO support"), please inform customers BEFORE they buy.

AshP_
Options

@TemsikTiger Do you have access to a charger to try charging your phone before powering it on? You can purchase a 25W plug here.

That's okay, there are other avenues of support available. You can call the Product Support Team on 0333 000 0333 or you can also connect to an Expert over Live Chat. More information can be found on the Support page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/#product-support

TemsikTiger
Explorer
Options

i already ordered the charger now (25W with plug, see my post above).

Good news: The wirless charger seems to work. After like 10 minutes without any noticable reaction phone now shows a charging symbol. so i might be able to turn it on soon... i cant wait

Still the IMEI issue remains ... any ideas ? (once i turn it on i will compare with the real "in-phone" IMEI).

AshP_
Options

@TemsikTiger Ah, just saw your edit, good stuff. That's great to hear, it won't be long until it's powered and ready for you to explore! As for the IMEI issue, there should be 15 digits to enter, beginning with '3'. If there's a '/01' at the end of the numbers listed on the box, don't include these. Once you've powered your phone up, you'll be able to access your IMEI and serial numbers by heading to Settings > About phone. 

TemsikTiger
Explorer
Options

Wireless charging does not charge much, still at 0% after 2 hours, but i can turn on the phone for one minute after 2 hours charging. i will wait for the charger with plug. 

i suspect the phone does not work properly. laying it on the wireless samsung charger it shows the charging symbol on the phone for a couple of seconds, then it vanishes, the blue diode on the samsung charger gets dark, then it comes back after a few seconds and then the charging symbol on the phone shows again. it looks like on and off. Phone gets very hot though. i think it is broken, i will wait for the line charger and if it does not load then properly, i will send it back. 

Thanks to all and sorry to bother you.

(@AshP: of course i entered the right number of digits comparing the structure of my IMEI to other samsung's IMEI.). 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This does not sound right at all @TemsikTiger 

The phone's usually come with at least 50% battery out of the box.

I would suggest to ask the supplier of the phone to swap it out under any relevant cooling off period.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TemsikTiger
Explorer
Options

yes i have the same feeling. Now i charged it completely, and it is going down extremely fast. After like 30 min of configuring apps it is already at 90 %. Even my several year old Galaxy S7 has more battery power.

Still the issue with the IMEI remains. I can't enter it at SAMSUNG though it is same on package, phone and in the phone settings (@AshP_: i didnt put it wrong, all consistent).

0 Likes