Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does the s21 range have expandable memory card slot?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 12:11 PM)
Jigz
Explorer
Options

Does the s21 range have expandable memory card slot? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

For full clarity on this, there is no option for expandable storage with an SD card on the S21 family devices. 

In the UK and Ireland, we're offering a range of in-built storage sizes to meet your needs on each of the S21 family which you can see in the below table. 

In-built storage options

128GB

256GB

512GB

Galaxy S21

Yes

Yes

Galaxy S21+

Yes

Yes

Galaxy S21 Ultra

Yes

Yes

Yes

With these in-built storage sizes available your memory needs are covered, coupled with the usage of cloud services you can back up what's important to you. 

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

ps, @Jigz  I've updated the thread name to your post to help others in the community find this information 😊

Members_JEIM6vK
First Poster
Options

This has put me off of the S21 range completely. I have a 512gb microSD card, cost about £100 FROM Samsung, bought less than a year ago because I prefer expandable storage, for example; it's easy to transfer from my drone into my phone or onto my tablet or even on my TV, because let's face it, the quality is so much better when viewing from an SD card as oppose to casting or viewing over WiFi.  Yet Samsung aren't offering to cover costs for cloud storage, unless it is your first ever Samsung device then you get 1tb on OneDrive.  So as a long time loyal Samsung user, I feel shafted from this new tech as the sentimental value for the content of my microSD drive is stronger than my need for a new phone.  And they are not allowing trade in for the S20 and even sold out on the Ultra AND I would miss out on the free gift promotion, so all around frustration.

0 Likes