Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung S21 series gets hot/overheated for real ?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 03:59 PM)
maxsumit
Journeyman
Options

I am getting a worried reading lots of comments about the S21 (standard) getting really hot. Some of the comments even report of getting so hot that it stops working / fry an egg over it.

Not what you want when you pay so much for a new flagship phone.

My pre-order is still not dispatched (under processing) and now I'm having double thoughts, if I should cancel it and go for some other model / brand .

Any suggestions?

30 REPLIES 30
Lucian77
Apprentice
Options

@maxsumit  it was S21 clasic,256 gb storage with exynos version.

0 Likes
N2C
First Poster
Options
I've just put up a post as every time I pair my phone to the TV after 15 mins it overheats and shuts down
0 Likes
KEY1
First Poster
Options

I've just got a plus about 2 weeks ago and it is getting extremely hot like it's been in a fire. It has started shutting down apps because of overheating 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

There are a few factors which can cause this issue, but third-party apps tends to be the main cause. Have you recently downloaded any apps? Also, is this a constant occurrence, or is it random?

0 Likes
KEY1
First Poster
Options

If I navigate on my phone while in a call it gets really hot. If I'm watching a video on Facebook or YouTube and doing something else it gets way too hot and even on the charger

0 Likes
USAT
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am not sure if my response is too late. Yes, it s21 gets warm and hot. I am vary disappointed as I got both s21+ and s21U . Both get warm but S21u is always warm and gets hot when browsing watching YouTube or using speaker.  It's always warm even if I am not using it. I turned off notifications for all apps. I wish I haven't replaced my s10+ with this s 21 series.  

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @USAT 

It's not late at all, but it does sound as though the phones are causing you a few issues. Do you have a case/cover on the phones? Is your brightness set to automatic, or is it manual? Have you recently purchased them?

0 Likes
Yogi66
First Poster
Options
How do I return a Samsung bought in March ,its overheating
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Yogi66 

You wouldn't be able to return the phone, as it's no longer within the cooling period. But, we can run through some troubleshooting steps in an attempt to fix the issue. If the issue still persists, we'd advise getting this inspected by a Samsung engineer.  

You can reach out to our Technical Support by clicking on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact

0 Likes
jaybhoy140
First Poster
Options
My samsung gets so hot it shuts itself down how do I get a new handset only had it a few months
0 Likes