Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung S21 series gets hot/overheated for real ?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 03:59 PM)
maxsumit
Journeyman
Options

I am getting a worried reading lots of comments about the S21 (standard) getting really hot. Some of the comments even report of getting so hot that it stops working / fry an egg over it.

Not what you want when you pay so much for a new flagship phone.

My pre-order is still not dispatched (under processing) and now I'm having double thoughts, if I should cancel it and go for some other model / brand .

Any suggestions?

30 REPLIES 30
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
there not all getting hot, mine gets warm when using video,
OfficialPiyath
Explorer
Options
It is possible that some people may receive slightly underperforming handsets, but unlikely. You won't have to worry as you have a returns policy and 2 years warranty. The only time the phone would most likely reach a temperature hot enough to boil and egg is during the setups process where the phone could be transferring data and downloading apps. In which case I experienced the same issue, but after the phone is setup I didn't have any heating issues. Hope this helps.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
mine got so hot it shut down all the time.. yes I could not hold phone and yes it was so hot you could fry an egg on it hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥... s21 ultra 512gb UK ...sent back to Samsung full refund....tried everything to solve it nothing worked
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
There are many that are absolutely happy with their phones. it is yet to be understood fully... but as forums are usually a place to make complaint and ask for solutions to problems, you will always find a pessimistic side of the phone on these places.

I believe the overheating issues are a very small percentage of the overall sales and owners, and I am very happy with my S21 Ultra.

it is also worth checking advice on the forums about not synchronising all your old phone using switch apps... as often problems as such can occur from incompatibility of some apps between phones and android versions.

Advice is to sync contacts, messages, calendar etc... but not the apps list.

use this as an opportunity to have a 'spring clean' of your phone and reinstall only the apps you want to start with...

don't be put off by everything that is read here... and you have the reassurance of 14 days consumer rights and a warranty.

enjoy your new phone. I am very happy with my S21u... and many thousands of owners also are. There are only comparatively low numbers that may have either received a duff unit... have caused some heat issues by syncing a whole load of information from previous phones... or have a minor software bug... which will be patched in a future software release.

smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
OfficialPiyath
Explorer
Options
Did you get a replacement device? Because I doubt 2 phones would have the same issue. I have the S21 Ultra 256gb myself and i've had no issues and i'm a heavy user.
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
no I didn't just sent back . I will wait and see what happens and buy in few months if you look on Reddit it's happening all countries loads of people moaning about it.. so decided if there is a hardware issue I did not want to wait over the 28 days for a return as would only get a repair after that .got my £1329 back will wait and if all ok in few months will buy again
OfficialPiyath
Explorer
Options
Okay that's fine. It was probably just a faulty device than. At least your problems been solved.
0 Likes
PurlpeSnowKat
Journeyman
Options
I bought the S51 5g last week and have been heavily using it setting it up and mine hasn't got hot.
0 Likes
maxsumit
Journeyman
Options

@smiley  Thanks !  This gives me some hope 🙂

By d way, did you get a Snapdragon version or a Exynos one?
I hear that the Exynos model is more prone to the heating issues while Snapdragon model is much better in handling the performance.