Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung S21 series gets hot/overheated for real ?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 07:03 PM)
maxsumit
Journeyman
Options

I am getting a worried reading lots of comments about the S21 (standard) getting really hot. Some of the comments even report of getting so hot that it stops working / fry an egg over it.

Not what you want when you pay so much for a new flagship phone.

My pre-order is still not dispatched (under processing) and now I'm having double thoughts, if I should cancel it and go for some other model / brand .

Any suggestions?

30 REPLIES 30
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Exynos 2100 as all European models.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
sundai
Pioneer
Options
I'm absolutely loving my s21 Ultra!! No issues whatsoever. No heating, long lasting battery... Tbh I was also worried but because I had ordered a custom colour I couldn't cancel. I'm so glad I got to experience the phone for myself instead of letting the comments turn me off. I'd say get the phone and if you aren't happy, return it.
Members_NysLfGz
First Poster
Options

I’ve had mine just over a week (128gb). It gets quite warm in normal use, but it just got so hot on a whats app call I had to end the call (not the first time😕). Can this be fixed in a software update or will the phone need to be recalled?

0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Had my 16GB Ultra since 28th Jan and absolutely no issues with overheating or battery. I get 2 full days use before I have to recharge. Not a heavy gamer and don't do hours of 8K video, just a normal user and it's an awesome phone which will only get better with software updates.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Actually, it is the Snapdragon model that runs hottest. Not by much though as this video shows.

See... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmldq7XguY

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
weird, I have 2 512GB S21 Ultras, neither one comes even close to hot, let alone shutting down. Can get a little warm sometimes but not uncomfortable to hold.
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
hey, had my phone since the 28th of Jan, keeps on overheating if I am video calling and using the multi-window feature for more than 10 minutes.
ben1881
First Poster
Options
my s21 feels hot when watching videos and on video call. Fingers crossed a software update will be released soon to fix this!!
0 Likes
Lucian77
Apprentice
Options

I've returned mine due of overheating..

Screenshot_20210208-222732_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-204015_AccuBattery.jpg

0 Likes
maxsumit
Journeyman
Options

@Lucian77  
This is a bit scary. Hope Samsung has did not repeat its history of what happened with the Note 7.

BDW which model were you using .. Classic S21 , S21 + or the ultra model. ?  and was it a US model (Snapdragon) or European model (Exynos) ?

0 Likes