Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE BETA AT THIS STAGE (NOW RESOLVED)

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 10:02 PM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

ERROR NOW CORRECTED BY SAMSUNG AND THERE IS FINALLY THE OPTION TO REMOVE THE BETA SHOULD YOU WANT/NEED TO.

Just a quick warning, despite it saying in the small print that you can roll back the beta install, it is not actually possible at this time.  

Further details are logged HERE 

But if you're in two minds, or if there is an issue with the Beta, you're essentially stuck with it and Samsung seem unable to offer any help.

Just so everyone is aware so they don't regret their decision on the basis that it appears to be irreversible 

14 REPLIES 14
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are disclaimers and warnings when you sign up.
Many of us have been warning people about joining the Beta program
I did a post on it as well.
Some have also posted about problems with going back

It's really important everyone reads carefully the information provided on signing up to any Beta software program
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Totally agree, but when the terms include this below......I thought I was covered, sadly, it's simply not true and even the Samsung Tech I spoke to today was amazed.

The terms are incorrect, the solution they're pointing to is incorrect and if you join, thinking you CAN leave, as I type this, you cannot.....I didn't go into this blinkered, I checked it could be reversed, sadly it's not the case.

Term 11.jpg

0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
What about a factory reset?
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Done and dusted... On start up, before even entering my details, I got this.... The Samsung Tech remoted my phone, saw I was withdrawn from the Beta, tried everything and couldn't get it removed. I've now got to call an Engineer tomorrow morning too see if it can even BE removed, which is the reason for this warning post, don't think it's fair, with the amount of posts on here about people wanting to join the Beta, that they do it blindly, once you're in, you're in at this stage.Screenshot_20220904_205833_Samsung Members_1000001107_1662321513.jpg
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've learnt over time that you can't really go back
It bricked my Pixel 6 Pro and I had a right job rescuing that phone
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
I took part in 2 Google betas and reverted back to stable software on both occasions after the first week or so once I'd seen what was on offer. The process was fairly straight forward, certainly compared to this, I've never had to pick up the phone.... Only to be told that even the company responsible doesn't know how to recover the phone.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah normally the Google Betas have been good for me.
At least we get the chance to go back on Android
I'm giving iOS 16 Beta a go with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, and you can't go back to previous iOS with Apple
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
At least you'll know that going in.... Not like this debacle...LOL.

I've never tried iOS, well, not since the first iPod model. Those were the days.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well iOS Betas are usually problematic. Especially with banking Apps.
But it's getting late into the 16 Beta now with the new iPhone round the corner
Kind of miss the iPods. They were good music players that gave great sound through headphones