Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting the wifi with exclamation mark. Why?

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 09:01 AM)
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options

I have occasionally a problem with my S21 Ultra when I connect to the internet via any Wifi, "Connected without internet" and an exclamation mark on the wifi sign. The only thing that helps is turning wifi off and then on.
My wife has also a Samsung phone (A5 2017), she never noticed this on her phone with same routers.
I checked several times, when I have this problem, she still has wifi on her phone.

What is this? Any advice?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
The issue is with either your router, your Internet provider, or both...

Switch off your router, unplug all the cables from the router (power cable, ethernet cables, etc - until you have a "bare box"). Leave in this state for a few minutes to allow any residual power to "burn itself out". In the meantime, go into the WiFi settings on your phone(s), and delete your router's current WiFi profile. Now, plug the power cable back in to your router, and switch it on. Next, plug your other cables in. Let the router set itself up on your network (this can take upto 10 minutes). Search for your WiFi router on your phone(s), then add them. You should now have an Internet connection. If your issue persists, get in touch with your ISP, as it is most likely a fault that they are in control of.
0 Likes
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options
Thank you, I will try this. Why does this happening only with my phone? Other Samsung phone, laptop, tablet are fine.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
At the bottom of this SAMSUNG MEMBERS main page, click on the 3rd tab along, on the bottom. Run the individual check on your WiFi. It might flag up an issue, but if not, I'd go back to having a chat with your ISP.
0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
The Internet may be low or with problems it can also be bcs is not secured, I have also S21 Ultra5g and I never encountered any problems unless the Internet was unavailable.
0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Might be worth removing your WiFi connection. Eg forget this network. Restart your phone and add the network again. Remember to note your router password
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This is a bit peculiar Psychowboy. My S21 Ultra sometimes has the same connected without internet problem plus exclamation mark but always at the same time that my wife's Note 10 Plus does so we both know it is a WIFI problem and that it will right itself which it does usually quite quickly. I was thinking though does anyone know whether the A5 actually gives the connected without internet warning?.. I assume it does but it is a mute point if the A5 still works fine and breezes through the internet and it's apps when your phone is not connected then following Pugs1957's and Steven9671's advice is needed.. Good luck. 👍 👍
0 Likes
Members_smsxKss
First Poster
Options

Worked for me!

0 Likes