Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed S21 Ultra -

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 05:01 PM)
phil180390
First Poster
Options
So, A New Handset arrives and honestly I'm disappointed they not only followed suite of apple "no charger" but If I'm to be honest for a flagship device I'm disappointed by the poor face unlock (yes I've reset it and setup a fiew times and it's so hit & miss) 30% first time unlocking... Also the battery life isn't what I could call that great (that's with low brightness, adaptive refresh rates on, Bluetooth off,display at 25ish set brightness... Again its the first new phone I'm not actually impressed with... In two minds weather to send it back or wait and hope they "patch it" & the 100x zoom is honestly a gimic again anything over 40x, is just poor.. it's good but far from great... 
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I think what the problem is the price the flagships are just so expensive now so the expectation goes through the roof, luckily I prefer small phones so I always go for the basic S which are fairly reasonably priced, like I wouldn't say the ultra is worth nearly 400 more and same with the ultra and s20 from last year.
umzy
Explorer
Options
I only bought s20+ since it was a BTS edition otherwise I wouldn't have since the price is high but I would have got a Z flip since that phone is very different and eye catching

yes the prices get ridiculously high every year 😭😂🤦‍♀️
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Mines the opposite, in regards to face unlock.
Its far better than the s20, as is the fingerprint scanner.
Also impressed with the battery life.
With currently being off, on furlough, I plug my phone into charge when getting into bed on a night. Due to watching tv way longer with not having to set my alarm, for 4.30, it's normally charged before I try and sleep & is therefore unplugged. One day last week it had been 26 hours since charging and it was on 29% when I plugged it in. No way did I ever get anywhere near that with the s20.
As for 100x zoom, I can't say I've ever, or will ever, use it.
Personally I'm loving mine. Not a massive upgrade from last year but it's definitely better all round, imo anyway.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I'm guessing you got your bts in November? I bought my s20 5g in November for £600 was a right bargain, the bts was out of stock at the time
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I want a fold 2 but that really is too many sheets 😩
0 Likes
jaro76
Navigator
Options
currently on 13 hours of screen on time after 4th cycle. battery has finished learning. great battery life so far. cameras need improvement, except the 108mp cam, which is great.
0 Likes