Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable burst mode on volume button

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 08:44 PM)
AnglaisRouge
Explorer
Options

As the title says. When using the volume button as a camera shutter it seems to be in permanent burst mode. Is there a way to turn this off?

8 REPLIES 8
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

It seems to mapped to the "swipe shutter button to" setting. Mine automatically makes a gif. I'm guessing this a bug as it didn't used to do that.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @AnglaisRouge 

You can play about with the Settings by heading into the Camera app > Settings icon. There's quite a few options there!

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Camera settings > shooting methods

If you click the volume button it will take one photo if you hold it will burst photos.Screenshot_20211217-203201_Camera_9026_1639773121.jpg
0 Likes
AnglaisRouge
Explorer
Options

I'm very grateful to people for telling me where the settings are, and how to enable the volume button as a shutter, but I know all that.   The question I asked was can I disable burst mode when the volume button is long pressed?

0 Likes
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

As I alluded to earlier, you can change the behaviour but I don't believe you can disable it. Setting the swipe up action to making a gif will change the long press action too. Probably not you want either though.

0 Likes
mca98002
First Poster
Options

I had the same question/issue, but I couldn't find any way to disable the long-press volume "bug" either.  I like to take photos with the physical buttons because I'm wearing gloves and working on my cars, for example, and can't use the touchscreen.  But frustratingly it always try to take burst shots, complains it can't save to Sd card, and saves to my internal folder and I have go back and delete the burst and move it to my SD card.  Annoying 1st world problem, but really there should be an option to disable or "do nothing" as 3rd option under "burst" and "gif" in the settings

0 Likes
Chalin
First Poster
Options

Such a pity because the phones cameras are becoming so performant but somehow lose some good features. It looks like we can only choose what to deal with in case of accidentally pressing too long the volume button - huge no. of burst shoots or a gif. And it's really annoying to have to delete a lot of unwanted photos, or to miss a great instance because you accidentally created a gif.

In the past long pressing the volume button would lock the exposure and with the button pressed you could move the phone to a desired frame and releasing the button would take the photo. That was a great feature that I would like to see back on new Galaxies.

Please Samsung, can you get this feature back? Or at least free us of burst shoots?

Thank you

Computerilliterate
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Concise and informative.

0 Likes