Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

disable all vibrations while phone is set to "Sound" mode but behave normally while in "Vibration" mode

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 05:30 PM)
Members_7ysRJrT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hello,

I would like to disable all vibrations, whether notifications, unlocking or charging, when the phone is set to sound mode. However, it should vibrate normally when set to vibration mode.

All I could find here is an answer from @AndrewL . However, his solution would completely disable vibration per app and that's not what I'm looking for. I actually just want the phone to never vibrate in "sound" mode and only vibrate in "vibration" mode (which it does).

I don't know how such a simple function can be so hard to find, but I need some help here.

S21 FE, Android 12, OneUI 4.1

The post with the answer I was talking about: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/turn-off-notification-vibration/td-p/3239807

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hi!

So what is it that bothers you exactly when you turn on the sound only mode? Please describe what is still vibrating?

Thank you

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
Members_7ysRJrT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

For example notifications, starting to charge, taking a picture... Basically everything that makes the phone vibrate in vibration mode still makes it vibrate in sound mode. 

When in sound mode

• notifications make a sound + vibrates
  • taking pictures makes a sound + vibrates
  • charging makes a sound + vibrates

but I only want the sound. That's why I switched from vibration to sound mode. On all the phones I owned this was an easy to find setting. Here it is not.

0 Likes