Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable all vibrations while phone is set to "Sound" mode but behave normally while in "Vibration" mode

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 08:18 PM)
Members_7ysRJrT
Student
Options

Hello,

I would like to disable all vibrations, whether notifications, unlocking or charging, when the phone is set to sound mode. However, it should vibrate normally when set to vibration mode.

All I could find here is an answer from @AndrewL . However, his solution would completely disable vibration per app and that's not what I'm looking for. I actually just want the phone to never vibrate in "sound" mode and only vibrate in "vibration" mode (which it does).

I don't know how such a simple function can be so hard to find, but I need some help here.

S21 FE, Android 12, OneUI 4.1

The post with the answer I was talking about: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/turn-off-notification-vibration/td-p/3239807

2 REPLIES 2
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi!

So what is it that bothers you exactly when you turn on the sound only mode? Please describe what is still vibrating?

Thank you

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
Members_7ysRJrT
Student
Options

For example notifications, starting to charge, taking a picture... Basically everything that makes the phone vibrate in vibration mode still makes it vibrate in sound mode. 

When in sound mode

• notifications make a sound + vibrates
  • taking pictures makes a sound + vibrates
  • charging makes a sound + vibrates

but I only want the sound. That's why I switched from vibration to sound mode. On all the phones I owned this was an easy to find setting. Here it is not.