Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directors View

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 11:39 AM)
bobmsmart
Apprentice
Options
I purchased a Samsung s21fe from a Vodafone store yesterday. I go into Camera Mode... More.... but Directors View does not appear as an icon. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a rogue phone?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @bobmsmart ,

Director View is available from the Camera app> More>Director's view. Have you checked that path?

0 Likes
bobmsmart
Apprentice
Options
I'm afraid so yes. It's not there.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No worries, are your phone software and all the apps up to date? You can check if there are any software updates from the phone Settings> Software update> Download and install. For the apps, you will need to check the Galaxy Play Store and the Galaxy Store> My apps> Update all. 

0 Likes
bobmsmart
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your help. I will try this now
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I didn't even know it was a feature I've just checked my camera app and I don't have directors view mode either.

Another feature missing to add to the list along with not being able to disable my camera shutter sound
And
No ability to record phone calls in the dialer app.

I'm starting to feel a little fed up with my feature-less £595 s21 fe. The reasons for returning it is getting bigger.

Fully updated UK unit.
I'm guessing it's because it's got no btu service provider tag.
0 Likes
Meymich
Explorer
Options
It's dual recording
0 Likes
bobmsmart
Apprentice
Options
Ah I thought that was something else. Some handsets seem to have both.
0 Likes
Meymich
Explorer
Options
Oh I thought that it was directors view. I thought it was coming for s21 fe
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Dual Recording is kind of a stripped-down version of the Director’s View feature that debuted with the Galaxy S21 series earlier this year, except that you can only see the feed and record from the primary rear camera. Director’s View lets you see the feed from all of the phone’s rear cameras at the same time.

Director’s View also lets you get a close-up view of the subject through different lenses. In simpler terms, this feature gives users more control over the cameras while recording videos. This allows them to capture a scene in the best possible way from their phone. Dual Recording on the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20, meanwhile, only does half of this job.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2021/05/dual-recording-samsung-phones.html%3fa...
0 Likes