Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIRECT SHARE "NO RECOMMENDED PEOPLE TO SHARE WITH"

(Topic created on: 19-11-2021 11:48 AM)
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Since the one ui 4 update everytime I select a photo and send through direct share the tiles at the top are empty and I get a message saying no recommended people to share with, however if I come out of the app and try again it then suggests contacts? This only happens on one ui 4 (and the beta), does anyone else have this or has a fix for it? I've included a screenshot 
14 REPLIES 14
Boris
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problem. Not sure if you solve it or not, but posting my solution for others to see:

You mentioned that Gallery was the app giving you problems and that made me check my Gallery permissions. It didn't have access to contacts, which I enabled and it started working as expected, so I suspect the solution is to enable contacts for gallery. Also, make sure under Advanced Features you have "Show contacts when sharing" select on. 

0 Likes
infam0us
First Poster
Options

I've also been having this issue and the closest I've gotten to a fix is the following:

1. Go to Settings, then go to Apps

2. Click the 3 dots at top right and go to Permissions Manager, while in Permissions Manager, go to Camera

3. Click the 3 dots at top right and click on Show System, and go to Contacts (mine shows 2, regular and one with a blue folder in the bottom right corner. I did this for both), once in Contacts click from None to Allow only while using the app.

So, after I did this, the first time I clicked share, it popped up with "No recommended people to share with" once. After that it worked fine throughout, for a few minutes and with different apps. I also rebooted my phone, it did it once yet again but seemed fine after that.

So as it seems for me so far, since I've made that change, it happens once then doesn't happen again. I'll see how long this lasts for before I get another pop up or not and will update here. If anyone has a more permanent solution, of course as everyone else has been saying, it would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks and hope this helps some people out .... 

Regards,

-M

0 Likes
Mike-M
Apprentice
Options

That's right. As soon as I disabled Android System Intelligence app, my contacts disappeared from Share Panel.

So the advice to fix No recommended people to share with is really simple:

• Enable Android System Intelligence in Settings -> Apps -> Filter and sort -> Show system apps.
  • Tap Permissions, allow all of them (I had no time to investigate which one is responsible for Share Panel).
  • Tap Storage -> Clear cache.
  • Tap Force stop. Reboot not required.
  • Open Recents screen, tap Close all.

Now open any app and tap Share. The most recent contacts should appear on Share Panel.

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Explorer
Options

Wrong. Can people that don't know what they're talking about stop offering not real solutions?

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Explorer
Options

It's 2024 and I'm having this problem

0 Likes