Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIRECT SHARE "NO RECOMMENDED PEOPLE TO SHARE WITH"

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 07:39 AM)
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Since the one ui 4 update everytime I select a photo and send through direct share the tiles at the top are empty and I get a message saying no recommended people to share with, however if I come out of the app and try again it then suggests contacts? This only happens on one ui 4 (and the beta), does anyone else have this or has a fix for it? I've included a screenshot 
14 REPLIES 14
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the response, Ill give it a go!
0 Likes
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Hi I tried clearing cache and it hasn't changed anything
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options
I've had this same issue at every stage of the beta and also now in final release. I can get the suggestions to show but never the first tap of share, I have to open the share menu (there will be no suggestions) then close it and open it again and then it will populate the suggested contacts (as you said in first post). I wiped cache partition after each beta update (and after final release) and it does not fix it. I reported it to beta feedback and have also sent an error report for the final release. So far I haven't found any fix/workaround apart from the double opening which isn't ideal.
0 Likes
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Really appreciate your response as Samsung don't seem particularly bothered, the more people who tell them the better, I've also just cleared the gallery cache and it's still the same, if you find a fix please let me know
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options
Ok so I MAY have finally found a solution, (I want to stress MAY as I've now tested for about 10 minutes and so far it's worked). So go into settings > Apps then select "sort by" (the little thing like 3 lines with a funnel icon) and turn on "show system apps" search for Android System Intelligence - go into it and enable all its permissions (it's probably only related to one or two but I enabled them all), then close all open apps and give it a go. For me the first time it showed "no suggested contacts" for about a millisecond before it showed them, and so far, repeatedly closing out the gallery fully and reopening it's still working!

EDIT - I just had 1 hiccup where it wouldn't show them again for sharing from a notification, so may not be a true fix but seems to make it work more often than not!?

EDIT 2 - still getting the odd hiccup with nothing showing up, but cleared the system intelligence cache aswell and performed a restart, definitely seems to work more often than not now just still not 100% for some reason.
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Awesome! At the moment I'm having to enable all permissions individually? Is there a way to do them altogether?
0 Likes
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
Is yours still working
0 Likes
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
The issues seems to be when sending from the gallery only, I've tried sharing contact files etc and it works 1st time everytime
0 Likes