Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialing Tone

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 08:37 PM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Have a S21 5G on O2 Network in the UK and have noticed lately that when ringing someone the dialing tone seems muffled. I took the case off and found some plastic around the base of the phone..plastic that had been on since last Oct when I got the phone.
I cleaned the speaker grills and put case back on. But still it,s happening.
I have full bars so it's not the signal cause when the other answers the call ,the speech is clear and clear on Speaker.
Any other ideas as to what's happening?
Cheers
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably not anything to do with your phone in all honesty.
O2 have been doing a lot to upgrade thier network and I have noticed inconsistencies with the service I'm getting, including call quality.
For example, over the weekend I had a full signal. But couldn't send photos or videos, even calls wouldn't go through. Hopeless really.
But I think temporary as the shift from turning off 3G and upgrading data masts is still ongoing.
Is it on the cellular network you are getting it or WiFi calling?
If its on cellular, its probably them doing upgrades
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the info. Didn't realise O2 were carrying out Up grades with the network..pity they don't inform their customers.
Yes Cellular...must try WiFi (that's WhatsApp isn't it)
Cheers
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No you can make normal calls using WiFi
If you go into your My O2 App. You can turn on the service there.
You will also need to go into the phone App
Tap on the 3 dots. Into settings and turn on WiFi calls
Helps if you are in a poor network environment etc
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
It,s turned on on O2 App but off on Phone Settings.Don,t think I,ve ever used it..😲
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's not perfect, but it's works ok depending on WiFi quality you are connected to.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Voice over IP which is what WiFi calling uses will become the only way to make calls from landlines soon for those of us that still have them with calls and broadband deals. The dial tone has gone muffled for me too as I'm with Tesco Mobile which uses O2 network, it's not your phone (mine is a Nokia G50)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Hi...Just got rid of my own land line and got Full Fibre To House.
Cheers for the info 👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A bit of detail on wifi calling for those who may wish more information, in certain situations you will receive better call quality. https://www.howtogeek.com/794724/what-is-wi-fi-calling/  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.