Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Will Be Locked in 24 Hours

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 10:07 PM)
WhittyField98
Explorer
Options
I bought my S21 Ultra outright through the Samsung website 3 weeks ago, I traded in my old device (Huawei P30 Pro) and sent it over on monday 11th october. I have had no email confirmation saying they have received it but today they took £250 out of my account and just now they are threatening to lock me out of my device. I am not happy with how they have handled this and they better come up with a good excuse or i may start looking for alternatives.

63 REPLIES 63
stevedol
Journeyman
Options
Small update, I may be tempting fate here, but the message disappeared around midnight and my phone hasn't locked.
Also had an email from the trade in team confirming they've processed my trade in and will let Samsung know it's done.
I really hope the rest of you get your cases resolved quickly and I would hope Samsung would offer compensation to those of you who had money taken or phones actually locked.
Park life
Pioneer
Options

Hahahaha. SCAMsung offer compo, you must be joking. They are the biggest pile if s***e organisation I've had the misfortune of dealing with. 

0 Likes
rosex
Student
Options

I recently  purchased a samsung s21 and I was issued the same message. I was away on a holiday so I really couldn't do anything and worse thing I couldn't transfer any data etc has i had no access to internet (dessert camping) 

Now I'm back I'm fully locked out and I'm devastated I need to transfer all my data before I can return the handset. 

0 Likes
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
Isn't it time that Samsung admitted that they have a serious problem or do they just have a load of ***** working for them!
0 Likes
Bloodierrain
Pioneer
Options
The money taken from your account may be your early upgrade charge if you did an early upgrade they charge you the cost of your remaining contract as for the locking threat I have no idea but it will get sorted I'm sure I have the opportunity to have an early upgrade they wanted me to trade my brand new few months old samsung galaxy s21 plus 5g 128gb (by the way do not drop it I dropped mine from a height of about half a meter landed on the top corner not camera side and it cracked on the back cover nothing to bad but enough to notice and play on your mind) and they wanted me to pay £548 pound as that was what was left on my contract to pay its a joke your trading in a close to £700 pound phone and they still expect you to pay the charge its crazy hope you get the lock thing sorted they will sort it if you have proof of everything then all they have to do is press a button on there end to have you back up and running should you get it locked
0 Likes
GGMan
Explorer
Options
I done a few trade-ins in the past with no issues. I presume it was with Samsung tracking parcel they send you, to send old phone in, can you see where parcel is via tracking number?

Plus, post taking a lot longer now, since it's near Xmas
0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
This is why I buy my phone then sell my other phone private so you can't get scammed or robbed but good look to sorting your issues out
0 Likes
Members_FMmNSNF
Student
Options

This is a complete lie you shouldn't tell people this lol. They do NOT help you at all if you email them they basically tell you to go *** yourself and to call samsung who themselves also refuse to help. Frankly you should delete this.

0 Likes
Members_FMmNSNF
Student
Options

There's literally nothing you can do, you got scammed.

0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options

seuk.casemanagement@samsung.com

That email just bounces straight back as unknown !   I just tried sending an email (about MTR) 

0 Likes