Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Will Be Locked in 24 Hours

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 04:53 AM)
WhittyField98
Explorer
Options
I bought my S21 Ultra outright through the Samsung website 3 weeks ago, I traded in my old device (Huawei P30 Pro) and sent it over on monday 11th october. I have had no email confirmation saying they have received it but today they took £250 out of my account and just now they are threatening to lock me out of my device. I am not happy with how they have handled this and they better come up with a good excuse or i may start looking for alternatives.

63 REPLIES 63
WhittyField98
Explorer
Options
1 more thing i would like to add, they gave me until the 20th october to trade in my device. I still have 6 days before it needs to be handed in...
ShekhJaheadHussain
Journeyman
Options

I have bought recently a samsung s21 5G  traded in my old handset iPhone 7 128gb jet black posted to Samsung received a confirmation email they have received the phone with box and accessories I thought I was all set now I'm getting a message Samsung will lock my phone if I don't trade in my old handset in 24hrs what do I Do?

Screenshot_20211014-223334_Device Services.jpg

JoayPull
Student
Options
I have the same on my flip phone. I have until the 24th to complete - even though they have my trade-inScreenshot_20211015-050221_Gmail_12662.jpg
0 Likes
ShekhJaheadHussain
Journeyman
Options
I have proof of postage I gave them a well kept phone I kept in good condition in original box with its accessories now this message is disturbing to me I need to know what's going on why aren't samsung notifying me through email or text even a call what's happening?
0 Likes
ShekhJaheadHussain
Journeyman
Options
This is going to ruin my day I have so many things going on now this hope this issue is resolved before I have to go back to work in couple of days!
ShekhJaheadHussain
Journeyman
Options
We both need to call customer service tomorrow first thing ASAP
0 Likes
stevedol
Journeyman
Options
I've had the same message, even though I've had a confirmation email to say they received my trade in, also have until the 23rd to send the trade in. Samsung's system on the blink?
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@ShekhJaheadHussain wrote:
I have proof of postage

Proof of postage isn't proof of delivery. Do you know for sure that Samsung received the phone? It may have got lost in the post...

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Mandyjack
Explorer
Options

Same here with my flip. Also have until the 24th. They have also took an extra £450 from my account. I only received phone on 3rd of Oct.  Absolutely furious. I'm going to take this to watchdog trading standards and or ombudsmen.