Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVICE REGISTRATION

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 04:01 AM)
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
I pre ordered the S21 Ultra 5G (256GB) from the Samsung website.
It was delivered day after release & I'm loving it.
After setting it up & trying it out I tried to register it officially with Samsung incase of any future problems.
However when I tried to do so on the members website it said that my device waz ALREADY registered. Since I hadn't registered it yet I'm confused! Does Samsung AUTOMATICALLY register ANY phone bought directly from their OWN website??
Can anyone help?? Cheers in advance for any help or information anyone can offer me!!
9 REPLIES 9
Vetri
Voyager
Options
I think if you have logged onto Samsung Account on your new device it takes your details and registers the device to your Samsung Account, maybe someone else can confirm
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
Oh that could be right.
I mean I PRESUME my phone is properly registered with Samsung. Well I HOPE so.
But if I could just get confirmation of it, or somewhere that I can check it by giving my details.
I'm not usually so worried about a "little thing" like this, but it cost £1,149 (with £50 discount) which is by far & away the most I've ever spent on a phone-so I've turned into a bit of a nervous Nelly.
I just really want & need to make certain.
Vetri
Voyager
Options
agreed; go into phone settings and on top of the various settings list you will either see your samsung account name or profile pic. when I bought my S10+ I contacted chat support to register my phone maybe you could try if you are not sure
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
I have just come off a Chat with Samsung Support lady called Bernadette.
She was EXTREMELY helpful & checked my details. After doing so she was able to confirm that my device IS registered. Apparently it was done (automatically I think) by Samsung prior to shipping or maybe when I confirmed receipt of my device.
Either way I can now sleep soundly tonight!!
Thanks for your help & suggestion toi Vetri
👍👍👍👍
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
I have just come off a Chat Support with lady called Bernadette. She was EXTREMELY helpful & checked all my details. After doing so she was able to confirm my device IS registered!!
Think it was done automatically by Samsung before they shipped to me or when I confirmed receipt of device.
Either way I can sleep soundly tonight now!!
Thanks for your help & suggestion Vetri.
👍👍👍👍
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
usually if you have connected same accounts all over the samsung's is autoregistered 🙌
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
When you first set up the phone, did you log into your Samsung account? If so it auto registers the phone to it. At the same token, if you send it back to Samsung, they unregister it too. Had my 2nd one removed after I sent it back.
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
Oh I see, maybe that's the reason Alex.
But however it came to be registered, a quick Live Chat with Bernadette at Samsung Support confirmed that my device IS registered.
So I am now a happy bunny once more.
Thanks for your info Alex.
👍👍
KAZ1903
Explorer
Options
Ooooh I see.
Well the 1st thing I did was use the Smart Switch App to transfer all my Data, etc from my S6 Edge+ to my new S21 Ultra.
The very next thing I did was opene the Samsung Members App.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy my device was registered automatically without me having to do anything, however I just wish that Samsung had made it clear or made the information easier to find. Failing that they could even send customers a confirmation e-mail.
But whatever, I'm sorted now & Bernadette from Samsung Support was extremely helpful. 👍👍
As were people like yourself who were kind enough to reply with information or details.
So thank you Joeeye ☺☺