Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device lagging

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 03:09 AM)
adil21
Journeyman
Options
Hi I have a s21 ultra, from the last update it has started lagging and working slow does anybody know how to fix it 
12 REPLIES 12
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and that should solve the issue. Just search 'S21 Ultra how to wipe cache partition' and you should find what you are looking for 😎. Hope this helps! 😊
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, it's a bug in the January software update, I've cleared the cache partition a few times to no avail, there'll probably be a software fix soon.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Also I would use Good Guardians app "Galaxy App Booster" quite regularly. I also every couple of weeks to a month remove all apps from 'Deep Sleeping' and 'Sleeping' in device care then install all available updates from Play Store and Galaxy Store as it seems when they are in this state many app don't get updated. If I get a lot of app updates at once I usually Use Galaxy App Booster again, if it's not needed it just churns through all the apps in about 45 seconds flat anyway so no harm doing it too often. Then throw in a soft reset now and again by holding down the volume down button and the power button until the phone screen turns off and resets. Other than changing animations to 0.5x in developer settings (which really only give the illusion of a snappier phone) that's pretty much all I do alongside cache partition reset every software update. Most recent update was 1st of January. Been getting great battery and no lagging for several months now from 12 / UI4.0, did however get lag and bad battery during the beta and definitely even more once it ended lol but I'm good now, hope you can resolve your issue.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I've used the Good Guardian app, it fixes the issue for about ten minutes then it goes back to being glitchy.
There'll probably be a fix sent out very soon.
There's quite a few people who have spoken (complained) about it already.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yep I can definitely see that. There's also an equal amount of people, if not more, putting out posts desperate to get the latest updated software for their devices haha which just make for strange viewing as an outsider who has the latest software and is good. I wonder if it's particular apps which I don't have or maybe apps I do but are in deep sleep that could be causing the lag. Do you notice it with particular apps moreso than others?
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I only have the stock apps that came on the device when i purchased it straight from Samsung, in my case the glitch isn't as bad as most people have described but it wasn't there on my first January security update with the same apps installed, I completed a factory reset two weeks ago so I don't have any apps in deep sleep yet.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

It's a bug in the January update and nothing you do will fix it long term. Switching Motion smoothness between Adaptive and Standard resolves it but only for a short period of time. For me, a reboot of the phone makes it goes away for 2 or 3 days and then happens.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
There's a lot of lagging and stuttering since the January update. Just got to wait for the next update I guess to see if it gets fixed. 🤔
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
After doing Wipe cache do repair apps in same menu.
0 Likes