Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detected Moisture in charging port

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 06:02 PM)
AagyaVerma
Apprentice
Options
Guys does anyone else had this message and know how to fix this. Because I can't charge my phone and been 1 day.

Message: "We have detected moisture or foreign material in your charging socket"
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

What to do if your water-resistant phone or tablet detects moisture in the charging port

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-water-resistant-phone-or-tablet...
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AagyaVerma 

Usually the message goes and the issue self resolves after around 30 minutes.

Are you able to see if your phone charges using a wireless charger pad  ?

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look to see if it's a charging port malfunction. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Dave2103
Journeyman
Options

I've had the same problem with my S20 plus, I don't care what anyone says, it's a software issue if your phone has been kept dry!

The way to remove the constant warning & get it charging again is to plug it into a running laptop/pc & the warning will go & then you can plug it into your proper charger. Mine hasn't done it for a while until yesterday when I bought a USB c card reader with OTG built in & the moment I stuck it into the phone... Boom, moisture detected! So it's 100 % a software problem. 

0 Likes
AagyaVerma
Apprentice
Options
I used dryer to dry the port just in case there is some "moisture". But it didn't go way and after couple of days(2-4); and suddenly its gone.
During those what I did to charge is basically turn off your phone leave it for couple of minutes and then plug In the charger. It should work.
0 Likes