Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default volume level in alarm app

(Topic created on: 05-02-2023 11:23 AM)
JonTay1
Student
Options

When I create an alarm in the alarm (clock) app, the volume level is set by default to about 3/4 of full volume - way too loud.  I can go in to the 'Alarm Sound' section every time I create a new alarm and reduce the volume level, but I often forget.  I just want to set everything up so that the default volume is much quieter, maybe about 1/4 volume. 

It used to be possible to do this on previous versions of the alarm (clock) app (e.g. on my S9+) - when you first created an alarm, you set the volume to the desired level, and that volume level became the default volume level for all future alarms.  But it no longer works like that.

How do I set a default volume level for alarms?

3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you are willing to switch, then Google Clock allows you to set default volume level in its Settings.

Screenshot_20230205_125756_Clock.jpg

JonTay1
Student
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but that app has a lot of recent very negative reviews about Google constantly fiddling around with updates and making app-breaking changes - like alarms becoming muted.  I'm totally reliant on alarms to organise my life so can't risk problems like that.  I'm sure there are other alarm apps, but it'd be good if there was a way to just get the Samsung app to work as it used to!

Graevon
Apprentice
Options

I am having this issue/question as well

0 Likes