Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead / Green Pixels

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 12:58 AM)
Mkriddle
Apprentice
Options

First off I have loved my S21 Ultra and have taken crazy good care of it. I picked it up off the counter this afternoon  and I noticed it had bright green pixels on the top right. 

Downside is I have Verizon and can't access the secret menu 😞 to test them. I tired downloading an app or 2 but it's near the battery image so no screen tester works. 

Please let me know if I need to send for repair. Thank you! 

#s21ultra

20211115_190702.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mkriddle 

I'm in the UK and find that in the phone app dialing *#0*# should bring up the colour panels to cycle through to see if that jolts the pixels into life.

It's a conundrum why thus useful diagnostic tool would be stopped.

If not then a Samsung Service Centre Engineer would assess the phone and advise wether the issue is covered under the Samsung Limited 2 year manufacturing warranty.

They'd check no other damage is on the phone etc and then officially advise.

If there is a charge then they would give you the option to proceed or ask for the phone back.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mkriddle
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @Mkriddle 

I'm in the UK and find that in the phone app dialing *#0*# should bring up the colour panels to cycle through to see if that jolts the pixels into life.

It's a conundrum why thus useful diagnostic tool would be stopped.

If not then a Samsung Service Centre Engineer would assess the phone and advise wether the issue is covered under the Samsung Limited 2 year manufacturing warranty.

They'd check no other damage is on the phone etc and then officially advise.

If there is a charge then they would give you the option to proceed or ask for the phone back.

Thanks so much! How would I contact a samsung  service center engineer?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mkriddle: If you are based in the US, then please contact Samsung Support in your region via the link below, and an advisor will be able to arrange an engineers inspection, or point you in the right direction. 

Contact Us | Official Samsung Support US

0 Likes