Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged screen caused by samsung case (latest update 14/06/21 )

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 11:03 AM)
bevvone
Journeyman
Options
Hi I would really like some proper support over this.
I purchased the Samsung case and pen for my Samsung s21 ultra when released .
Now two months later I've noticed the screen is scuffed all along the right hand side.
I've been messed about by Samsung shop,
Told I only had 28days to complain or bring any issue up ( it's taken 2 monrhs for damage to become noticeable and thry then offers me 15 pounds compensation, lol 
And offered no help from customer resolutions. 
I contacted Samsung via messenger who organised for it to be looked at by wefix,who came out and then took pictures and they then said to me they would have to wait to get authorisation from samsung.
It's been over a week and now I message to ask for an update to be told wefix cancelled as no reply from samsung.
So I said this isn't acceptable and they offered another link to get it looked atexcept this time its trying to charge me .
This isn't acceptable 
This isn't good customer service
It is disgusting treatment of a paying customer.
I want my screen repaired as your case damaged it 

14/06/21
So first email to ceo has just ended with them forwarding it to samsung shop so now back in the loop of no help and being offed to technical who off you back to them.
Still after numerous emails I get to the point .
The won't repair phone as I disent buy it from them .
And have now offered 50 compensation to use on there web site. 
It doesn't matter if I bought the phone from samsung shop or ee or any other retailer .
Your case has damaged my phone and the case was bought from you .
So I have emailed ceo again fingers crossed.
And mean while I shall look into trading standards and complaint to ofcom 
10 REPLIES 10
CapricornDog
Student
Options
I have the same with mine however I still have the factory fitted screen protector on which is all scuffed and so is the clear window in the case.
Disgusting for what these accessories and phones cost.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bevvone 

Is it the actual housing of the phone or the plastic screen protector that came factory fitted that's damaged  ?

I had an issue not too long ago and after speaking back and forth with Samsung via phone and emails over a period of weeks,  I had to resort to sending a message to Samsungs CEO Department using the specific online page, which resulted in a resolution in a few days.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bevvone
Journeyman
Options
@BandOfBrothers
Hi this is now on my screen so where do I find the page you mentioned pls sir
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @bevvone 

This is for UK Customers.

www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/ 

bevvone
Journeyman
Options
So sad ,I emailed explaining situation and they just forwarded to shop and now just back and forth same rubbish.
Bt more evidence of absolute rubbish customer care and avoiding the issue
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all.

The avenue I used by using that link resulted in my situation being resolved.

Take a look at Consumer-rights-act-2015 

0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Ohhh...
Persistence pays..
1. Bought a Phantom Black S21 Ultra 5G (512GB) with the clear view case (advertised by Samsung as 'protecting the phone) which came with a pen and got the Buds and that tracker thing as freebies because it was bought on the pre-order thing in Jan.
2. All above delivered at stupid o'clock in the morning on the 28th Jan.
3. Set the phone up on the same day and took it to work with me... proper chuffed and a happy teddy...
4. Phone worked as advertised (and always did).
5. 31st Jan.... Spotted scratches all down the righthand side of the screen caused by the cover... Not a happy bunny.
6. Rang the Samsung Shop, spoke to their agent for about 40 mins explaing situation and asking for advice, was told to return the phone for replacement and the agent arranged collection via DPD with a pick up on the 2nd Feb 2021... (I should point out that I did NOT know about the plastic screen saver fitted during production and the so called 'expert' agent made no mention either).
7. Phone was collected as arranged and went back with a promised 3 to 5 day turnaround for the replacement...
8. After a week I hadn't heard from Samsung so rang to find out what was happening... Only to be told it was out of stock and they were waiting for stock to come in. And that the 'system would automatically send one out when the stock came in...
9. I checked the shop page and hey, in stock.... Rang up... told out of stock... rinse and repeat for about two weeks, still no phone.
10. Shop now showing out of stock so signed up for stock alerts and over a number of weeks have received close to twenty of them.... Each time I got one I rang the Samsung Shop agents only to be told..... Yes, you guessed... Out of stock.
11. The matter went on until May (remember me saying patience)...
12. Mean time I've bought another Identical phone (new and still sealed in box c/w Sam galaxy phone3 and a pair buds) for a k.
13. Samsung shop agents now pretty embarrassed about the whole thing and the duty manger offers a refund but I have to send the freebies back to get it.... lol... Gave the buds to the daughter when I got them and she loves them... Convo went along the lines you can have them if your brave enough or was it stupid enough... either it was going to cause me pain lol... I got them.
14. After much negotiation the freebies went back with Samsung promising the full refund plus a voucher to use in the shop to replace the freebies...
15. Voucher came first (which didn't work lol.... seems they had changed the back system and the new one didn't recognise the code, it was replaced the next day with a working one) and the refund was on the card 3 days later...
16. So I would say... When dealing with Samsung Shop (UK) ... Be clear, be polite at all times, make sure every conversation is confirmed by email, be persistent and stick with it.
At no time did I have to resort to the email the ceo option, although I did end up dealing with the duty manager at few times and the voucher had to authorised by senior management due to the value.

This was written on the A21 Ultra 5G 512GB I got from the bay, a very good phone which I use for work etc. Lots of photos, emails and browsing. Plus linked to the watch. I have never needed to charge the phone or watch it during the day (both sit on the Samsung wireless charger at night) and I've never had overheating issue's with them either. Very happy with phone etc now.

Good luck...
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
bevvone
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE.
Samsung UK president.
Replaced phone free of charge and refunded case .
Took a bit of time bt resolved .
Think some compensation for agro caused would of been good bt glad to have phone back .
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi Bevvone. i was wondering if i could get some advise/help from you i am currently having the same issue with my s21 ultra and trying to have Samsung help is like pulling teeth ive have been passed to each department multiple time and no one can help or is willing to resolve the issue been offered the £60 voucher but they are not willing to carry out a repair  

0 Likes