Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 10:37 PM)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Me: this is the second S21Ultra with over heating problems. Can please have one more before I ask for a refund? I still want to give Samsung one more chance.
Agent: sorry but there is no stock on any color(Black or Silver) and you will have to wait around 2-3 weeks for the stock to replenish.
Me: But I have waited 3 weeks when I sent my first phone and I don't want to stay another 3 wks without a phone. I had Samsung since S1 onwards.
Agent: Sorry for that.
Me: I will go to Apple! Please issue a refund!
Agent: We are sorry!

The Moral: THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T
13 REPLIES 13
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I understand what you're going through mate. I'm on my 3rd phone and after speaking to few people on here, including @smiley, I have learnt that there wasn't anything wrong with my first 2 phones. I changed the way I set up my phone and gave it 1 one week for the new phone to learn its usage. also the new update fixed the camera issue.

this is a new phone with exceptional features and power. and with that comes new ways of dealing with it I learned. certain 3rd party apps wasn't ready for this phone.
Gionike
Voyager
Options
hi smiley, hope your well. u know since the last software update my phone has been heating up again when playing COD or even a simple game like Woodoku. I'm talking like 49° and 51°.

the note 10 plus could handle mobile hotspot and using the phone and it wouldn't get as hot either. with this s21 ultra now, If I want to use the mobile hotspot I have to leave the phone be or it will heat up within 2mins. upto 46° without playing COD or another game really.

and the camera quality seems hit and miss with all the different lenses. especially indoors. blurry and quality seems to have dropped. also not very fast either. its so annoying again.

have u had any problems since the new update in march (AUBB)

Screenshot_20210316-054519_Call of Duty_23869.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-211450_GSam Battery Monitor_23921.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-222730_Software update_22937.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-054547_GSam Battery Monitor_23870.jpg

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I haven't had any overheating problems with AUBB. I don't particularly play games much... just to dabble occasionally. I have had quite a few video calls though...for an hour or more due to work.

I find my CPU temp will not go above around 45 degC... mainly because it will start to throttle at that temp. this is the same as I have found with benchmarks in 3D mark stress testing.

I find the camera and photo experience pretty decent... but again I am no pro photographer. There are issues with low light and some video modes that are understood on here...

So the phone in my opinion is not quite 'perfect' yet... but it has gradually improved with each release.

if you have heat concerns and / or underwhelming battery...then it is still worth trying to optimise the device a bit better... deep sleeping apps... and make sure you clear your cache whenever a new software update is downloaded.

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
yeh I did all the cache partition etc and device optimisation, deep sleep etc. that was done a while ago. but it's not making sense why it's overheating so much
0 Likes