Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 12:13 PM)
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
Me: this is the second S21Ultra with over heating problems. Can please have one more before I ask for a refund? I still want to give Samsung one more chance.
Agent: sorry but there is no stock on any color(Black or Silver) and you will have to wait around 2-3 weeks for the stock to replenish.
Me: But I have waited 3 weeks when I sent my first phone and I don't want to stay another 3 wks without a phone. I had Samsung since S1 onwards.
Agent: Sorry for that.
Me: I will go to Apple! Please issue a refund!
Agent: We are sorry!

The Moral: THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T
13 REPLIES 13
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I mean if they don't have the stock there isn't alot can be done unfortunately.
it's a shame you are downgrading to apple 😜.
but seriously how long do you have these phones for before sending them back?
0 Likes
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
1-2 weeks but the second one was overheating to almost 50 degrees, you couldn't touch it.
I prefer to know that If I am buying something so expensive to have it tested before.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
man I feel bad for you,it's strange how some people have overheating issues and others including myself have near perfect phones.
I would say give them another chance as this phone is awesome.
I'll gladly send you one of my old phones while you wait for replacement 😅
Eljana
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue and they are not doing anything. The agent told me that he is using iphone for this reason

M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
😂
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
it's been a strange but interesting journey with s21 series so far. some people have only had great experiences to share but some like me have had mixed experiences. s21u is a beast in every aspect and I love android for the level of customisation it allows but Samsung seriously need to up their QC game. I have been using 12max and 21u since last few weeks and i can clearly see android (samsung in particular) has come a long way and i absolutely love the versatility the 21u camera combination brings to the table. I'm sure Samsung will address majority/all of these issues in the coming months via software updates

one more thing: galaxy buds pro with 12max sounds amazing, I don't know if it's just me but I definitely feel extra bass with 12 max (though iOS does not have galaxy buds pro app support)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
can I ask how you prepared your S21u phones each time ?

Did you synchronise all of your previous information from old phone to your s21 using Samsung switch tools ?

and then after sending the first one back you synchronised the same data to the second one?

I am no expert and undoubtedly there are some handsets out there overheating more than others.

my experiences with overheating effects were fixed by carrying out a factory reset and manual installation of apps.

my original synchronisation of my 400 + apps between android 10 and android 11 caused me with no end of problems, and unknown battery drain. My battery life was rubbish and the phone was heating at random times...

After factory reset and no synchronised apps and data... the experience was completely different.

I am not suggesting for a minute that this is your case... but if you did perform smartswitch then you may find all your problems are resolved by trying this.

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
I only had a few apps Installed, I started from scratch.
And in any case this should not happen, even if you transfer the apps. Because the problem is the camera module which is using to much of processing power and maybe the cooling system which seems to be inefficient.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
ok fair enough if you did not use smartswitch synchronisation between your handsets.

If the CPU is over processing in the background, then it can appear to be a camera module issue, although the root cause being something completely different.

many issues posted here have shown a high CPU temperature before even opening camera app... and contributing to the overheating effects.

Of course many of us have had the S21u since day one... 29th Jan or before. There were a whole load of problems during release week... and many of which have since been fixed.

sorry I can't help more... it is strange why you have had two phones both with same overheating issues... and why I wondered if there was some relevance to your usage and setup of these handsets.

smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite