Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Colours - NO REFUNDS (UK Consumer Guidance)

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:52 PM)
JVG95
Explorer
Options

Has anyone else found ANYTHING on Samsung,com which states custom colours can’t be returned for a refund. Samsung Support are advising that custom colours cannot be returned for a refund.

I’ve had a good look through Samsung.com terms and conditions and nowhere does it state that custom orders cannot be returned - only that once ordered they cannot be cancelled or amended. 

UK CONSUMER CONTRACTS REGULATIONS 

If your item was bought online, over the phone or by mail order, as a customer you have consumer returns rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.  The Consumer Contracts Regulations gives you a cancellation period that starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.  You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the retailer that you'd like to cancel your order to return the goods to them.

So, It seems if Samsung are denying the right to return a custom colour they are in breach of this regulation.

25825C28-1735-4156-A449-CBD2E477B779.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JVG95
Explorer
Options

Also those who’ve ordered custom colours, on the day of Unpacked the earliest date to select for delivery was 14th February, this was the same up until 23:59 last night. 

then... as soon as the free promo ended (buds pro and tag) the earliest delivery was Sunday 31st January. 

I contacted Samsung shop via phone who advised the earliest date for my delivery was 14th Feb and this couldn’t be changed, despite my ability to re-order for a 31st January delivery date, 

Shoddy response from Samsung 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

When I pre-ordered I was looking at the options for custom, either the titanuim colour or Navy.   However there was a disclaimer that was associated with the custom colours. 

So unfortunately yes... this is documented on the website.  The following screenshots.   Because of the delay and inability to cancel the order, I decided on the black. The two asterisks on the listing ** to look at the terms and conditions at the bottom.  

Of course this is small T&C writing so isn't obvious.  

samsung s21_3.PNGsamsung s21.jpgsamsung s21_2.PNG

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
JVG95
Explorer
Options

Deffo not obvious and slightly misleading, it seems the non refundable terms show on the product page but not on the checkout page when selecting S21 Ultra Custom

74D9876B-5FD3-43E2-9643-F09D3E822CCB.png2B5A2AE0-973D-4EDE-B7FE-29A2525F9CC0.png

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I agree... it is a bit misleading.  However,  I did see that statement before purchase, and those words were the game changer for me.  I was ready to pull the trigger on the Navy... but then after seeing that I thought to myself 'Unable to cancel order for refund' as a risk, and the extra 2-4 weeks delivery.  

I guess I saw the ** and looked at the bottom of the page to find out what that meant.  If not being so precise then it could certainly have been missed. 

Sorry you have had problems.  Are you thinking of cancelling then ?  At least you will still receive it on 14th Feb, which I agree is too long extra delay when wanting your pre-order, but you do have the advantage of getting the buds and tag alongside.   The two weeks will sail by.  

All those ordering from carriers will have to wait 45 days for the extras, so you will still get your extras way before most. 

I am sure you won't regret it by waiting... it is a nice phone. 

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
dln77
First Poster
Options
hey - did you end up getting a refund?

I'm in a similar situation - don't want the navy anymore but already paid for it (but haven't got it).

Were you able to get a refund?
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Items that can't be returned

Most retailers have policies which stipulate that they will accept non-faulty returns, as long as items are unused and in perfect condition with their undamaged original packaging.

But there are some returns exceptions worth knowing about.

• DVDs, music and computer software - many retailers refuse returns if the seal or packaging has been broken.
  • Perishable items - you won't usually be able to return an item if it's perishable. This includes food and flowers.
  • Made to order - if an item has been made to order or personalised, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to return it.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-my-goods-what-are-my-rights-ams3G2z9...

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes