Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing after May update

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 01:36 PM)
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Hi guys anyone else getting this? Never had it before. Done it twice in 24 since this update.

21 REPLIES 21
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could try wiping the phones cache partition in recovery mode.

Power off your device, and plug into a pc. Or use a set of usb c head phones. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, when you see the Samsung logo release buttons. Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition. Wait for the system cache partition to clear. You can also repair apps while in recovery mode. Also good to download is good guardians in the galaxy store. Run app booster.
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you I usually do that. Not got round to it this time.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Motty2012  I think it is important to wipe the cache partition and repair apps as soon as possible after updates. It  tends to help with crashes and lags,

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Stevar77
Explorer
Options

Creshes affecting also my s21 after may update. second time in a couple of days never happening before.

Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Mine is still crashing regularly. Cleared cache partition already. Must be a Samsung ***** up.
Stevar77
Explorer
Options

Mine too. Cleared everything. Absolutely software issue after last update. Strange nobody else complaining.

0 Likes
golways
Apprentice
Options

Same for me. My S21 ultra reboots at least once a day since may update. Never did that before...

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@golways: To begin with, please try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Auto optimisation > Restart when needed, and toggle this off if it is active. Wiping the cache partition, as per the steps provided above by @Fiona26 can also help to address performance issues on your device, however it is also important to perform regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. With this in mind, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now, and restart your device every 24-48 hours. 

0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
I've done all that. Makes no difference.