Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts not connecting from S21 to BMW 5 series

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 08:04 PM)
SteveMcG
Student
Options

My S21 Ultra is connected to my BMW 5 series via Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls and the vehicle does show my previous call history (the number, not the contact details). However, my actual contacts details are not loading or being shown in the vehicle.

It's not the car, as I also have an A50 Samsung for work and that's just fine.

I've disconnected and reconnected, to no avail. All boxes are ticked in the Bluetooth settings. Please help?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
DocBock
First Poster
Options

I am having EXACTLY the same issue in my BMW M340.  It fixed itself a few days ago, and now is not working again.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The car may require a software update depending upon its Bluetooth module. Works fine in my M4.
SteveMcG
Student
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Members_vnBNj8Z
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the same problem for about a month. I think it coincided with an update on my phone. I have a 2020 3 series and a galaxy s21 ultra.  My works  Samsung A8 phone still syncs fine. Been onto BMW, they don't have a solution.  Samsung say its because my phone is running android 12 and the car industry have yet updated their software.  Did you find a solution to this and get it working?

Members_vnBNj8Z
Apprentice
Options

I've just found the following on another site.  Tried it, and it seems to have worked.  Don't know how or why it worked, but it has and my contacts up-dated pretty much straight after doing it.   For info, I've also just got off the phone to BMW.  Followed what they told me to try first (again), that didn't work (again), they told me I'd have to take it my car into a service centre and it would be chargeable!!!  My car is still under warranty.  They said it was chargeable as it wasn't affecting the driving.  Really poor from BMW.  Anyway, try this... hopefully it's a fix that stays fixed;

1) Go to Settings, select Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version (or just search for pbab in the settings menu and select "Bluetooth PBAP version")

2) Change the Buetooth PBAP version from PBAP 1.2 to PBAP 1.1 and then click apply

3) Change the Buetooth PBAP version from PBAP 1.1 back to PBAP 1.2 and then click apply

Members_vnBNj8Z
Apprentice
Options

Just in case that wasn't clear, this is setting in your phone and not the car.

Dean Morgan
First Poster
Options

Yes, you need to set phone in Developer Mode. I had same issue and tried the PBAP 1.2 to 1.1 and back and it now loads my contacts

0 Likes
Members_oWPAWjv
First Poster
Options

Just tried this and it worked. Thanks for posting

0 Likes
Members_3W70Nxg
First Poster
Options

It worked.  Thank you very much.

0 Likes