Did you mean:Β 
Go to solution Solved

Constantly getting declined by klarna 😑

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 11:38 PM)
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Really frustrating that I've just been declined twice by Klarna trying to upgrade through the upgrade program which has now left 2 hard searches on my credit score.

I can't understand why I've been declined as I already have a good credit score, an agreement already with klarna for my s20 which I haven't missed a payment.

I used Google chrome on my s20.

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know your experience with upgrading.  Any successful ones and what browsers did you use and was it a handset, mac or pc?

I'd be really intrigued to find out. Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
Hey, got the same problem here Declined 3 times with high credit score, no late payments, debit free etc.
Apparently some random customers get rejected with "credit agency reasons" automatically. Klarna advisor have no clue how or why it happened as well as Samsung customer care.
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for your reply.

So basically you've got more chance winning the lottery then being accepted with klarna then 🀣

Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
More or less.. Honestly I have no words, I gonna miss all the freebies too. I'm really pissed off with Samsung even though I have to keep still that rubbish S20ultra
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello

@Wakkout @TommyTizzle 

try this link again if will now work

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/?loginOpen=true

πŸ˜€

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
Says I'm not eligible for upgrade 🀦🏻 I bought the phone last year on day one and also received the email for upgrade on the 14th January... Unbelievable
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you for the link. Think I'm going to wait until till later today and use a pc to try and upgrade again using the method that one user posted yesterday. Seems like a lot of people have had a good success rate 🀞

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg

 

Squashycake
Apprentice
Options

No assumption here that you have other outstanding debt but a good credit score doesn't always factor whether or not you're given credit. You could have a 999 score on Experian etc. but have a total debt that exceeds your yearly income if you have a PCP on a car for example. Therefore a loaner will just be reluctant to give you any more credit.

It's completely random sometimes though, I've been declined credit for a Β£500 purchases, but then given credit for something over Β£2k with another application! Odd system and very frustrating!

Squashycake
Apprentice
Options

Also what's odd is that isn't Klarna known for giving credit to really bad payers - Aka students for ASOS etc.?! Very surprising they're not giving it out to people reputable with a good history.

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for your reply, I've always had outstanding credit and never missed a payment and always pay more in each month so my credit score has always stayed high. What's frustrating is that this happened last year too. Never had an issue when it was close brothers. What's also frustrating is that I'm an exsisting customer with Klarna. I've had credit from them before, never missed a payment and paid up in full on one purchase before getting credit on another. Also I've currently got an agreement with them on my s20 so surely existing customers should be rewarded right? It's all very odd and confusing like you say. 

A couple of months ago I applied with klarna for a 3 month interest free payment plan on a purchase that was less then Β£150 and got declined for that too πŸ˜’ but like you said not long after that applied for a credit card and got accepted straight away. The mind boogles!