Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Constant payments are declined on the Samsung Store

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 11:23 AM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Does anyone else have such problems when ordering on the Samsung store in the UK ?  

I have tried 4 times to get through checkout with my credit card, and when going through the authentication process it gets declined by the authentication server.    I then go through the issuing bank processes of responding to a text message and confirming it was my purchase... I wait and try again, and it all happens again with failure. 

I bought my daughter an S20 FE in Samsung store a few months ago, and I had to click the order through the order 3 times before I had success, the first two were cancelled by Samsung.   

For this purchase I have tried 4 times since yesterday evening, and I still haven't been able to pre-order my S21 Ultra.   I have 4 cancelled orders on the system !! 

I wouldn't mind but I have a great credit rating, I am a 48 year old, and there is no reason for this stress.  I also bought a gaming laptop a couple of months ago from another store with no problems in authentication.  It seems to be unique to the Samsung payment authentication on the store. 

If I don't get through soon I am going to give up and buy it somewhere else !! 

Cheers

Smiley 😃 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
15 REPLIES 15
detellis
First Poster
Options
I've had the same issue many times in the past, including cancelled orders.

My payment failed for my S21 order too, but it worked when I used PayPal for the same credit card....
0 Likes
Spirit979
Navigator
Options
Mine went straight through yesterday first time. I would maybe suggest a call to your credit card company and ask them. They should have a record of the transaction and if its them who blocked it they can maybe clear your next attempt ?
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah sure... i have attempted this.  There is an automated text service after being declined... and my phone has now got lots of them... when going through this process it is supposed to unlock the next attempt... 

The bank's phone line states there is more than a 1 hour wait to get through to customer service 🙄

However this payment system clearly doesn't seem to work very well.  As I mentioned it happened a few months ago... seems the security is high in the Samsung store than other websites... as the currys.co.uk allowed be to buy a £2k laptop without any issues.   Samsung is the only website I have problems with my credit cards.  I have also used a different bank credit card previously from Barclaycard, so that is two different banks.  I could buy the phone in cash on debit card, but I tend to order high value items on credit cards for the extra protection that they offer and a couple of months to pay the balance.  

It is what it is... although I am just looking around at other store fronts for pre-order deals now.  I will buy an S21 ultra but perhaps not directly from Samsung... i have 5 failed orders on their system now !  

Kind regards

Smiley😃

- Smiley

Spirit979
Navigator
Options
Hi Smiley, totally understand your frustration ! One small thing to consider is that if you order through the Samsung shop you won't need to then claim the free gifts.....it will be done automatically and looks like they may arrive with the phone. if you order through another participating retailer you will need to claim once the phone arrives and says can take up to 45 days to arrive from the date the claim is validated. Just FYI.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

That is a good point, and the redemption can be a pain.  Are you sure that it is not the same type of Samsung Members claim for the buds etc ?   Of course that has delayed the receipt of the accessories by up to 45 days in previous pre-orders ! 

If they are supplied with the phone on the day of release then that makes it probably worth another couple of tries !
Perhaps I can use Paypal to purchase as suggested above, and with the same payment card.  The last resort is Samsung Pay with my debit card direct from bank account, although like i said, for high value electronics I like the credit card method better... and to give legal cover / extra protection that Barclaycard and credit cards offer. 

Thanks for the advice all.  I will give it another try... maybe phone the customer service line and sit on hold for an hour or more...

- Smiley

0 Likes
Spirit979
Navigator
Options
There is a pinned post about how to claim the free gifts which confirms this. Regarding if the free gifts will arrive with the phone, I dont know for sure but my order shows as being dispatched by 28th Jan......so fingers crossed 🤞

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-s21-s21-ultra/how-to-claim-your-gift-when-you-pre-ord...
Spirit979
Navigator
Options
Here you go.....and also put a link to the pinned post

Screenshot_20210116-115729_Chrome.jpg

Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

So a bit of peverence and a change to Paypal with a link to the credit card seems to have done the trick.  At least the order is still on the system with a more positive response from Samsung customer service email.  Rather than 'Your order has been cancelled' I have a 'Your Order has been received' message instead ! 😃

So now I think i can prepare my expectations as a new S21 ultra owner... i can feel the excitement building up 🎉 ... just 13 more days to go !

I decided to go all in... the S21 Ultra with 512GB and 16GB of RAM... the top dog !  With the lack of SD card expansion I figured the investment now would save a lot of pain down the road...

looking forward to testing this out in a couple of weeks.

Kind Regards

Smiley 😃

- Smiley

Spirit979
Navigator
Options
Well done, I'm sure it will be worth the effort. Will be interesting to see if your gifts also show as being dispatched on 28th