Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close keyboard with gestures

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 06:35 PM)
Aslan46
Apprentice
Options

Hello everybody, I have a little problem: I could use with my old mobile phone (P20 Pro Android 10) to close over the keyboard with gestures. I have now bought the S21, it does not work here, I have to swipe to the right above the keyboard to close the keyboard. I didn't find anything under the settings. It was very convenient for me. Is there any way it works again? I am looking forward to your Answers. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
steve0
Voyager
Options

not sure it can be enabled. I use a button to close it. You can turn it on under settings-general management-keyboard list and default and toggle button "show button to hide keyboard".  A button will appear below the keyboard and when you press it, the keyboard closes. It does add an extra row below the keyboard. Not what you are looking for, but it is an alternative

0 Likes
Aslan46
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your answer, I already know this alternative. I usually don't use it, alternatively you could also use soft-keys, but as I said, I'm used to gestures and everything else seems strange to me. Maybe and I hope it will be corrected with an update

ghosty
Voyager
Options
I've never come across a gesture to close keyboard, maybe it's a emui specific thing. you may just have to get used to how one ui does things, every manufacturers implementation of Android is different with pros and cons..
0 Likes
yumahayumao
First Poster
Options

Same for me. It's just driving me crazy.
There are maybe some external android launchers where this feature can be enabled?
Any plan for this setting support?

0 Likes