Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear View Cover stops working after some time

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 05:15 PM)
elektroinside
Apprentice
Options

Every now and then, randomly, sometimes a few minutes after rebooting the phone, sometimes hours after, the cover stops working. I need to reboot the phone to make it work again. I have two of them, both genuine Samsung covers. Wiping cache from Recovery Mode didn't help, as suggested in the forums for some other models. Turning NFC/Always-on-display, getting the phone out of the cover or any other stuff - also doesn't help.

The cover has a magnet, and once identified, you can use another magnet you have at hand to test. When the cover stops working, the magnet doesn't do anything (doesn't turn on or off the screen). When the cover still works, the magnet also works.

Called Samsung support, but the only thing they said is to reset the phone, and if that doesn't help, send it to them. 

The cover is this: Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G S-View Cover, Black Mobile Accessories - EF-ZG998CBEGUS | Samsung US

Does anyone has this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello, try this: Go to Applications and activate Show system applications / see the screenshot where to bite and later Activate and accept /. Once the option Show system applications is activated, look for the NFC app and clear cache in Storage, maybe if not It is enough also delete Data and check again. Greetings.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-17 at 18.11.16.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

elektroinside
Apprentice
Options

I did something similar a few minutes ago, which is to disable battery optimization for NFC, Always On Display and LED Cover app. So far so good. If this won't work, I'll try to clear the cache for all these apps.

Thanks for the help!

elektroinside
Apprentice
Options

Happy to report that disabling battery optimization for NFC, AlwaysOnDisplay, LED Cover, and LED Cover Service apps (these are their exact names), in exactly the place Ventor mentioned above, fixed the issue! I don't know which app or apps did the trick out of these 4, but anyway, 3rd day and still works, and i never got here before.

0 Likes
elektroinside
Apprentice
Options

Well, a week later, unfortunately the method I mentioned above didn't fix the issue, just helped with it. It still happens, every 2-3-4 days. However, i am not rebooting the phone anymore, I found a faster way to make it work again: activate-deactivate flight mode. Still very annoying.

0 Likes
Members_QGdiX8d
First Poster
Options

Changing these battery settings to unrestricted and then restarting worked for me. Thanks 👍

0 Likes
Members_E5wZiA7
First Poster
Options

Hi, I tested many possibilities, nothing was working for me. Until.. I removed phone from the cover. Power off, power on. Let mobile locked I inserted phone in the cover and cover functionality is back.

Cath123
Explorer
Options

I've tried everything to remedy this problem and found your post. Worked for me too. Thanks. 

0 Likes
cazer
First Poster
Options
Part of the problem is resolved however no notifications of Gmail or messages.... any idea how these can be re- instated
0 Likes
Jenova17
First Poster
Options

None of these fixes have worked for me. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated