Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear cache S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 02:12 PM)
JonnyBonz
Explorer
Options
Hello I have been trying to clear the cache on my S21 ultra. I have found out you keep the phone plugged in, power down and then hold the power up with bixby / power key and release when the menu comes up... I have tried everything and it doesn't work 😞 any suggestions or tips? 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
power it down first, then plug in the charger, then volume up and power button at the same time
0 Likes
BernieK
Apprentice
Options
Hi, Keep the buttons pressed until the Android man appears then you can let them go. The Android menu should then come up. I had the same problem, I plugged mine into my laptop. Hope this helps
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Phone has to be connected to laptop / or headphones plugged in I don't think it works if just plugged in to charger
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
it works just on the charger, that's how I do mine
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

If it does not work you can do the trick with ADB commands.

Enable developer options in your device, then activate usb debug in develop options.

Connect your phone to a pc, at that point switch the device control from this phone to your pc from the phone panel.

Go over at android developer official page and download the adb package https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools . Once you have launched a powershell or command prompt inside the folder run the command: adb devices   if it does not list any device unplug your device and re plug it in, your phone should ask whether you want to allow your pc to debug your phone and you click yes on your phone.

Next use the command 

adb reboot recovery 

and you should boot in recovery

Archer
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Doesn't work for mine.
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Do you have the phone detected and authorised to do adb?

Archer
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It works fine if I plug it into my PC or laptop, just doesn't work via directly from the charger.
0 Likes