Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Sim Card Tray error - Despite using E-Sim and no sim card in either slot

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 10:43 AM)
Boabyswan
First Poster
Options

As above I am currently using an E-Sim which works fine however I am getting the 'Check Sim Card Tray error' popping up constantly.  I ditched the physical sim as this error would continually plague me and affect my ability to make and receive calls.  With the E-Sim I am able to make and receive calls unhindered however this completely annoying pop up is driving me crazy - Surely with no Sim card in either slot I shouldn't be getting this message! Is there anyway to completely disable the Sim Card slots apart from the obvious options in Sim Card Manager?  Or is this just a defective phone and needs replaced?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarlH
Options

Hi @Boabyswan. Have you tested your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists? This will disable all third party apps. Hold the Power button down and then long press on 'Power Off' on the screen which will change to 'Safe Mode'. Tap on this and your phone will restart. 

Boabyswan
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply I shall give that a go. What types of apps could affect your phone and give this result? I have a fairly minimal amount of apps on my phone.
0 Likes
Adam Tanko
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am equally facing the same issue. Please have you found a solution to this plague? 

0 Likes