Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat messages

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 04:11 PM)
leek
Journeyman
Options
Both myself and my wife have an S21, and experiencing messages not coming through to each other. Only when you turn of the chat messages do they come through, but as soon as you turn the chat message function off it turns back on for the next text. Is there a way of completly turning this function off without it reactivating again.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@leek: If you're using the Samsung Messages app, can you try opening the app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Rich Communication Settings > Toggle the switch off > Select Default Messaging Type > Text or Multimedia Messages, to see if this helps? 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you sure RCS messaging is working on both devices? I had a situation when I could not set up RCS messaging on my S21 Ultra and left it on in the hope it would register with the server. While in this situation, my wife who had messages active on her phone had to turn messages off to send me an SMS otherwise nothing came through. Now my Ultra is registered and I no longer have this problem.

0 Likes
leek
Journeyman
Options
Ive changed my settings to match this, I'll try it and pray
0 Likes