Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 11:00 AM)
Cataly
Journeyman
Options
Hi, 

I have bought my new Samsung S21 Ultra mobile phone at the beginning of last March and from two days ago it is started to not charge when it is plugged.
Does anyone else have this issue?
9 REPLIES 9
Coleshill
Explorer
Options
Are you using the charger that came with it or your own?
0 Likes
Cataly
Journeyman
Options
Yes
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried wiping cache partition?
Will it wireless charge?
Have you tried a different cable and plug?
Is the charge put clear off dust 🤔
0 Likes
Cataly
Journeyman
Options
Hi,
I haven't try to wipe cache partition.
Yes it is charging wireless.
I have tried everything that I have in the house hold, I even borrowed my friend's charger as I thought that my charger is faulty.
There is no dust in the charge pot.
0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
I had the same problem with my s21 ultra a few months ago. It started of by not charging at all. I tried everything and nothing worked. I had to use wireless charging for a few days. Then it suddenly started to charge when connected to the same charger but this time only cable charging( super fast/fast charging) still not working till this day. When I contacted Samsung they advised me to clean the charging port n to try different chargers which I did but that never helped. They then advised me to factory reset the phone. I couldn't be bothered for that. Cable charging is about 30mins longer. I'm going to wait till January when I get the s22. So try factory resetting your phone that might help.
0 Likes
Cataly
Journeyman
Options
I have wiped cache partition, still not working.
To be honest I don't really want to reset the phone as I have plenty of things that I may not be able be recover. I am really disappointed.
0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
Dont reset charge wirelessly for now! Restart your mobile then try cable but i think you would have done by now,look for a mobile android update not in google store in your settings for the mobile it self,
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Cataly,

you may want to check if there is anything wrong with the port, to do this you will only need to launch the Samsung Members app> Get hep> Under Diagnostics tap Start> > Cable charging> Follow the steps listed on the screen.

It would also be worth a try turning off the phone and checking if this is charging while it's off.

Cataly
Journeyman
Options
First of all I would like to thank you for all your answers and keep you all updated.
After I have tried all the tips that you shared with me, I have contacted Samsung and my phone was booked for repair. Fingers crossed 🤞