Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue on S21

(Topic created on: 27-06-2022 01:40 AM)
Jake16
Student
Options

Hello I could use some help! I have a S21 and I am having issues charging it. It charges well on the Samsung wall plug but on most others it's slow. My girldfriends IPhone 12 Pro will take 40 minutes to charge on a plug that takes me 3-5 hours. Her phone charges great from many plugs while mine is picky. Does anyone know why this is?

3 REPLIES 3
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I believe my s21 fe takes a 25w charger to make it "Super fast charge"

It also needs to have fast charge enabled though, searching "fast" in the setting menu should get you there.

On mine the location is
Settings > battery and device care > battery > more battery settings

Best of luck, hope you get it sortedScreenshot_20220627-032240_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Jake16
Student
Options

I went through the settings earlier and cleared the cache. It doesn't work this phone simply does not charge as well as an IPhone. It's frustrating that I have to be picky with chargers while the IPhone works with many more. I notice it starts charging quickly and then drops down a lot in a few seconds. A 2.5amp charger shouldn't take hours to charge my phone. I appreciate your help though but I think the S21 is just picky with chargers.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do find that my Samsung phone's do charge better / quicker via using the original charging brick and cable that came with it i.e an original.

Some 3rd party options don't do too well.

Charging time's can vary from phone model to phone model with some charging faster especially with fast and super fast charging capabilities being added as long as a person uses a compatible charging brick and cable that allows this type of charging to happen.

Some 3rd party accessories do not.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes